Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mike Matheny has a little LaManager in him

Mike Matheny has a little LaManager in him

In his 1st game tonite as Card skipper he has penciled in the worst hitter, worst OB% player on the team to leadoff....Furcal. A classic LaRussa gaffe: doing the exact opposite of what common sense dictates.

So Cards fans that lament the exit of TLR, fear not! A clone just may have stepped in his shoes.

Oh yes, and for those that lament Pujol too, let's see what Beltran can do. On opening day last year, Albert GIDP three times, setting a record.

Game time 6pm eastern, ESPN

Let the baseball season begin!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    I Love Birds

Re: Mike Matheny has a little LaManager in him

Quote Originally Posted by Magdal View Post
    In his 1st game tonite as Card skipper he has penciled in the worst hitter, worst OB% player on the team to leadoff....Furcal. A classic LaRussa gaffe: doing the exact opposite of what common sense dictates.

So Cards fans that lament the exit of TLR, fear not! A clone just may have stepped in his shoes.
    Rafael Furcal extends @Cardinals' lead to 3-0 over @Marlins with RBI single in 2nd.
    Perhaps he knows a little more than you think...that you don't bench a guy in April based on his SPRING TRAINING struggles. Freese also struggled in ST. The two hit a combined .190. Those two have driven in all three runs tonight.
    (Watching a couple kissing at Busch Stadium) “Well, he’s kissing her on the strikes and she’s kissing him on the balls.”---a classic "Shannonism" from Cardinals broadcaster Mike Shannon

I Love Birds

2 hits now. My prediction is that he'll be fine.

Now 3 hits.
    Last edited by Swampturkey; 04-04-2012 at 09:43 PM.
    (Watching a couple kissing at Busch Stadium) “Well, he’s kissing her on the strikes and she’s kissing him on the balls.”---a classic "Shannonism" from Cardinals broadcaster Mike Shannon

Yeah...Furcal and Beltran really suck.....they were only 5 for 10.

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hershel Freeman View Post
    Yeah...Furcal and Beltran really suck.....they were only 5 for 10.
    Yeah, but half the time they don't even get hits!

Oh yes, and for those that lament Pujol too, let's see what Beltran can do. On opening day last year, Albert GIDP three times, setting a record.

Game time 6pm eastern, ESPN

Let the baseball season begin!
    Didn't the Cardinals win the World Series last year and absolutely dominated us during the regular season? Thought so.

Quote Originally Posted by Swampturkey View Post
    Perhaps he knows a little more than you think...that you don't bench a guy in April based on his SPRING TRAINING struggles. Freese also struggled in ST. The two hit a combined .190. Those two have driven in all three runs tonight.
    Not based on ST...Furcal has been weak since he arrived in St. Louis. BTW, he only hit one ball well in his last AB. Did you not see the dribbler that Ramirez on 3rd and the SS just WATCHED go through?

He had a good day, and will have others. But in the long run he is still not a good LO hitter.

Beltran, of course lood good, going 2 for 5. I can't wait to see the great Pujols' 1st AL game. BTW, in an interview yesterday he called the Card fans "haters" and said to give his #5 to someone and that he will get his WS ring from Tony whenever he see's him. I'm sure there will be a thread on this today.

Quote Originally Posted by jwmann2 View Post
    Didn't the Cardinals win the World Series last year and absolutely dominated us during the regular season? Thought so.
    St. Louis won the World Series. They didn't dominate the Reds. Cincinnati took the season series 9-6.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    St. Louis won the World Series. They didn't dominate the Reds. Cincinnati took the season series 9-6.
    Without looking it up, the Cards lost to ALL div. rivals last year exept Milwaulkee, who they split with. Oddly, they beat the Phils, Braves and other better teams to stay afloat.

They're dominating the Brew Crew today. I think they have 4 HR. Freese has looked good so far in the 2 games I've seen(He has 5 RBI in 2 games I think) even tho I hate to admit any Card is good.

I Love Birds

Beltran, of course lood good, going 2 for 5. I can't wait to see the great Pujols' 1st AL game. BTW, in an interview yesterday he called the Card fans "haters" and said to give his #5 to someone and that he will get his WS ring from Tony whenever he see's him. I'm sure there will be a thread on this today.
    I saw the article but it didn't bother me. I could not care less about Pujols. I don't hate him like many other Cards fans do, but he is not a Cardinals anymore so unless the birds play him, what he does doesn't make any difference to me.

BTW, 3 more hits for Furcal today.

I Love Birds

Without looking it up, the Cards lost to ALL div. rivals last year exept Milwaulkee, who they split with. Oddly, they beat the Phils, Braves and other better teams to stay afloat.
    You are way off...

Cards record vs..

Cubs: 10-6
    Reds: 6-9
    Brewers: 9-9
    Astros: 10-5
    Pirates: 9-7

The reds are the ONLY division rival the birds did not beat (along w/ the tie to the Brewers)

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

April 9th couldn't get here any sooner.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

[QUOTE=Swampturkey;2556063]I saw the article but it didn't bother me. I could not care less about Pujols. I don't hate him like many other Cards fans do, but he is not a Cardinals anymore so unless the birds play him, what he does doesn't make any difference to me.

I don't know how many hate him, but I started getting fed up with his antics as his hitting got worse. What antics? I think you know, Turkey.

Quote Originally Posted by Swampturkey View Post
    You are way off...

Cards record vs..

Cubs: 10-6
    Reds: 6-9
    Brewers: 9-9
    Astros: 10-5
    Pirates: 9-7

The reds are the ONLY division rival the birds did not beat (along w/ the tie to the Brewers)
    Magdal way off? No way...

Turn Off Ads?