Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mike Matheny has a little LaManager in him

Re: Mike Matheny has a little LaManager in him

Quote Originally Posted by Rijo's Ghost View Post
    Magdal way off? No way...
    Yeah, I was off....it seems like the Astro's and Cubs beat up on the Cards a lot in recent years. KC too....and the Nats.... So I got confused.

But it looks like the stros were the only team dominated.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    I Love Birds

Quote Originally Posted by Magdal View Post
    Yeah, I was off....it seems like the Astro's and Cubs beat up on the Cards a lot in recent years. KC too....and the Nats.... So I got confused.

But it looks like the stros were the only team dominated.
    The cubs have played us well in recent years, but come on...have the Astros played ANYONE well in recent years?? no.
    (Watching a couple kissing at Busch Stadium) “Well, he’s kissing her on the strikes and she’s kissing him on the balls.”---a classic "Shannonism" from Cardinals broadcaster Mike Shannon

I Love Birds

[QUOTE=Magdal;2556090]
    Quote Originally Posted by Swampturkey View Post
    I don't know how many hate him, but I started getting fed up with his antics as his hitting got worse. What antics? I think you know, Turkey.
    He's not exactly the ONLY MLB player with antics...Phillips, Zambrano, Fielder, etc. just to name a few...but that said, again, I don't care. He's not a bird anymore so he's not worth my time. He's just another player in the AL to me...a league I pay little attention too except during interleague play, the All-star game and the playoffs.
    (Watching a couple kissing at Busch Stadium) “Well, he’s kissing her on the strikes and she’s kissing him on the balls.”---a classic "Shannonism" from Cardinals broadcaster Mike Shannon

The name of this thread should have been that he has a LOT LaManager in him!

He has put 5 rookies in the starting lineup today on the heels of the loss yesterday....only LaRussa would pull a stunt like that (I thought)

Whataya think of that, Cards fans?

BTW, the pitcher is a rookie. Nice slap in the face to Molina is was one of the benched.

I Love Birds

He has put 5 rookies in the starting lineup today on the heels of the loss yesterday....only LaRussa would pull a stunt like that (I thought)

BTW, the pitcher is a rookie. Nice slap in the face to Molina is was one of the benched.
    A. I love it. Keeps the bench strong and the everyday guys fresh over the long hull.

B. It was a day game on getaway day. The same line up had been sent out there for our first 3 games. The bench guys needed some work. Not a slap in the face to Yadi at all. He came in late in the game.

Lynn is a rookie starter, but was in our pen for most of the year last year. He is replacing Carpenter. He pitched very, very well today and the offense was on fire. 9-3 win. Again...just maybe Matheny knows what he's doing...

Stunt? It was platoon advantages. Jay, Descalso and Berkman are not good against LHP, and catchers need more rest than other players. I think Matheny might know a little something about that.

Only thing I may have done differently would be playing Molina at 1B, but Carpenter has shown no platoon splits in MiLB and they want to see him quite a bit to decide who goes down when Craig and Schumaker return.

Looked like pretty straight forward managing to me.

I'm just being honest, even as a Reds fan I gotta admit that Cards team looks tough. The lineup is well-balanced, there isn't an easy out 1-8. They have multiple players who work the count well (something the Dusty led Reds are severly lackng in). Lynn looked damn good, Wainwright looked pretty good, Loshe looked great and Garcia looked good.

They're the class of the division again. Hate to say it, but barring injury I don't see them fading.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilHamburger View Post
    I'm just being honest, even as a Reds fan I gotta admit that Cards team looks tough. The lineup is well-balanced, there isn't an easy out 1-8. They have multiple players who work the count well (something the Dusty led Reds are severly lackng in). Lynn looked damn good, Wainwright looked pretty good, Loshe looked great and Garcia looked good.

They're the class of the division again. Hate to say it, but barring injury I don't see them fading.
    It's a LONG season. Anything can happen. The Bucs just beat the Phils in a tough series, the Brews are still hitting well....the Cory Hart kid mashed 3 HRs in their series! The Nats look decent too. The Cards are bashing, but the middle relief, as predicted is not too good.

We will see that middle relief in the 5th or 6th inning tonite as "Five and out" Westbrook starts.

I Love Birds

The Cards are bashing, but the middle relief, as predicted is not too good.

We will see that middle relief in the 5th or 6th inning tonite as "Five and out" Westbrook starts.
    You said it yourself....

Anything can happen.

Turn Off Ads?