Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Frazier sent down for Simon

Frazier sent down for Simon

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Frazier sent down for Simon

That stinks for him. He'll be back and handle it like a pro, but it's a bummer to miss out on Opening Day. Was going to ask if he got to stay around for the opening day festivities but I see the Bats open the season up tomorrow night as well.
    When people say that I donít know what Iím talking about when it comes to sports or writing, I think: Man, you should see me in the rest of my life.
    ---Joe Posnanski

I really feel for the guy now. Madson's injury has really had a domino effect -- most notably on Chapman and Frazier.
    "Iíll kind of have a foot on the back of my own butt. Thatís just how I do things.Ē -- Bryan Price, 10/22/2013

Do they really need another pitcher? Especially one that you know Dusty is NOT going to trust to use in any pressure situations.... therefore it will be like NOT having that extra pitcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Do they really need another pitcher? Especially one that you know Dusty is NOT going to trust to use in any pressure situations.... therefore it will be like NOT having that extra pitcher.
    The Reds do need the pitcher. It's unfortunate, because Frazier deserved a shot, but the Reds do need the pitcher.

There will be games, not very close games, when the Reds need to fill several innings. It's important to have a pitcher to fill those innings. Otherwise, the regular relievers will get wasted.

That twelfth pitcher helps you give the main guys in the bullpen sufficient rest. It's necessary IMO.

When Rolen goes on the DL in three weeks, Frazier will be back.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

As long as Rolen is healthy I like this. Cairo can fill in suitably for Rolen when he needs a breather and Frazier is not wasting away on the bench. Frazier is down in Louisville concentrating on becoming the best 3rd baseman he can be under the watchful eye of Mike Bell. With the trade of Francisco, Frazier has become the full time heir apparent to Scott Rolen. I want him getting as many reps as possible wherever that may be. If Rolen goes down for any length of time, Frazier comes up ready and able. If Rolen stays healthy all year, Frazier comes up just before the Sep 1st cutoff to qualify for the post-season roster. Well, that's the theory anyway...we'll see how it goes.

"Okay you guys, pair up in threes!" --Yogi Berra

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Do they really need another pitcher?
    The injuries to Madson and Massett, and the fact that Simon is a handy swingman. Tough luck for Frazier, but he'll be back IMO. Just keep doing what you're doing Todd.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Down goes Frazier!
    http://www.hark.com/clips/zdhdrwzxps-down-goes-frazier
    Poor guy this reminds me of when, I think it was last year, they called him up in Philly he brought his whole family to the game but he didn't play and they he was sent down the next day.

I personally think what they did to him sucks. They should have made that desicion days ago. He already sent his car to next city and done all the prep and he misses opening day and goes to AAA. Tough on a guys attitude. Off to the queen city. Please no rain. 3 hour drive ahead. Ready for a Reds Victory. Already had to hear it from neighbor (big cards fan) of who has the best record. It's already starting. LOL
    And This One Belongs to the REDS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    The injuries to Madson and Massett, and the fact that Simon is a handy swingman. Tough luck for Frazier, but he'll be back IMO. Just keep doing what you're doing Todd.
    But will he be used? We know Dusty sometimes leaves spare parts wanting until the next 19 inning marathon. He already said he knows nothing about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds1 View Post
    I personally think what they did to him sucks. They should have made that desicion days ago. He already sent his car to next city and done all the prep and he misses opening day and goes to AAA. Tough on a guys attitude. Off to the queen city. Please no rain. 3 hour drive ahead. Ready for a Reds Victory. Already had to hear it from neighbor (big cards fan) of who has the best record. It's already starting. LOL
    It's a difficult thing no doubt, but they couldn't make the decision days ago because they didn't know Simon was available until Monday, and he probably didn't officially become a member of the Reds until yesterday. My guess is the Reds warned Frazier when they signed Simon that it could mean that he was being sent down.

I'm sure the Reds don't like to upset a guy, but sometimes you have to make hard choices to bring what you feel is the best 25 man roster.
    When people say that I donít know what Iím talking about when it comes to sports or writing, I think: Man, you should see me in the rest of my life.
    ---Joe Posnanski

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    It's a difficult thing no doubt, but they couldn't make the decision days ago because they didn't know Simon was available until Monday, and he probably didn't officially become a member of the Reds until yesterday. My guess is the Reds warned Frazier when they signed Simon that it could mean that he was being sent down.

I'm sure the Reds don't like to upset a guy, but sometimes you have to make hard choices to bring what you feel is the best 25 man roster.
    Good point. Still sucks, but I know this stuff happens. I thing the reds are good at handling these situations
    And This One Belongs to the REDS!!!

Turn Off Ads?