Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cincy All Star game 20??

Re: Cincy All Star game 20??

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    Selig and MLB pours salt in Cincinnati's wounds by announcing New York will host the 2013 All-Star game while the Reds are in town.
    Makes sense to award it to the franchise that is in abysmal shape financially I guess? What an asinine idea.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Now that Washington has Harper they'll probably get one before us also
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

My friend made a bet with me a few years ago that the Yankees would get the ASG again before the Reds do. I'm starting to think I might lose.
    My name is Cheesy Beef Burrito

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    Selig and MLB pours salt in Cincinnati's wounds by announcing New York will host the 2013 All-Star game while the Reds are in town.
    I didn't think the Reds were bidding for the 2013 game but instead want the 2015 game. By 2015, The Banks will be done, the streetcar running by the ballpark and a couple more hotels will be open around downtown. I'm sure the Reds would prefer the game then.

The team that will be infuriating if they get it is the Marlins. Miami has never really supported that team and if they get the game in 2015 they would have it just three years after their park opens while the Reds continue to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by OesterPoster View Post
    2015 is already rumored to be Washington's, so more than likely has to be 2017.
    The Dodgers will likely be in the mix by then (last hosted in 1980), depends on if the new ownership group spruces the stadium up.

Marlins and Padres too.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Borkowski View Post
    First time since 1988, right?
    Yep. I went to that one 1988. It's a great experience if anyone has a chance to go.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of 1990 View Post
    Now that Washington has Harper they'll probably get one before us also
    DC needs to attract more business/restaurants around the ballpark before MLB brings an All Star game to town. There's virtually nothing close to the park now. They are working on some things nearby and could have enough by 2015 to satisfy MLB. But my guess would be 2017. My thinking is 2015 may setup just right for Cincy to host it.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

I went in 1988. Would love to take my daughter in 2015.
    Go BLUE!!!

Turn Off Ads?