Turn Off Ads?

Thread: MLB Blackout Rules

MLB Blackout Rules

Question for anyone that can help. I don't have cable, I watch the Reds via MLB.TV. Truth be told, I actually moved 15 miles so that I would no longer be under MLB Black Out restrictions for the Reds.

Anyway - I just realized today's game is televised on ESPN2. Does that mean the game is going to be blacked out Nationally like Fox Saturday Afternoon Games and ESPN Sunday Night Baseball? If anyone has the secret code to breaking the MLB Black Out Rules on this one, it would be greatly appreciated.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: MLB Blackout Rules

MLB extra Innings is having their free preview. That might be another option to try.

Usually what willl happen on ESPN games like this that are not their game of the week is they may black out the ESPN broadcast for those of us within the Reds local broadcasting area. So those of us that get the FSN Cincinnati broadcast may be blacked out on ESPN but outside the local area everyone else should get the game on ESPN2. Sometimes the game is shown on ESPN locally as well but usually they get blacked out if FSN is carrying the game.

Also the ESPN broadcast will not black it out on Extra Innings or MLB.TV. The only time ESPN blacks out other broadcasts is Sunday night.
    Last edited by Reds Fanatic; 04-05-2012 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    Usually what willl happen on ESPN games like this that are not their game of the week is they may black out the ESPN broadcast for those of us within the Reds local broadcasting area. So those of us that get the FSN Cincinnati broadcast may be blacked out on ESPN but outside the local area everyone else should get the game on ESPN2. Sometimes the game is shown on ESPN locally as well but usually they get blacked out if FSN is carrying the game.

Also the ESPN broadcast will not black it out on Extra Innings or MLB.TV. The only time ESPN blacks out other broadcasts is Sunday night.
    Thanks. I was going to have to take my 14 month old son to a bar to watch the game. And nothing says pathetic like watching a game and ignoring your son at a bar.

Turn Off Ads?