Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 72 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: Scoreboard Watching 2012

Re: Scoreboard Watching 2012

Cubbies have tied it in the 9th on a LaHair HR.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I think Matheny is clueless. Runners on corners now, and he's finally changing pitchers.

Horrible call on the Campana steal, and Matheny got tossed.

Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar

Cubs win. Cubs win. Reds gain ground.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Umpires 3, Cardinals 2

Absolutely atrocious umpiring tonight.
    “Our next home stand follows this road trip.”

“I just want to tell everyone Happy Easter and Happy Hanukkah.” says on the day before Easter

Mike Shannon

Cards blow another one. This one on a hot shot to 2B Greene, who does his bull fighter impression.

Reds now in second place. 2.5 games out of first.
    "Man, the pitch looks fast, even in slow motion." Thom Brennaman on Chapman's fastball.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Cards blow another one. This one on a hot shot to 2B Greene, who does his bull fighter impression.

Reds now in second place. 2.5 games out of first.
    MLW won, were in third place 2.5 out.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    Umpires 3, Cardinals 2

Maybe Umpires 1, Cards 2, Cubs 2.

But did the umpires give up the HR in the 9th to tie the game?

Umpires 3, Cardinals 2

The umpires didn't give up the opposite field blast to LaHair to force extras.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    The umpires didn't give up the opposite field blast to LaHair to force extras.
    Yes, but they called a player safe at home when he didn't touch the plate and was gunned down in right field by Carlos Beltran earlier in the game. That botched call at second was the least of the blown calls tonight.

“I just want to tell everyone Happy Easter and Happy Hanukkah.” says on the day before Easter

Mike Shannon

Yes, but they called a player safe at home when he didn't touch the plate and was gunned down in right field by Carlos Beltran earlier in the game. That botched call at second was the least of the blown calls tonight.
    Doesn't matter. If you have a 2-1 lead and have a chance to finish the game off, you can't blame umpires when you don't get it done.

The Cardinals just had to get three more outs in the 9th inning and they win the game regardless of those calls. That's their fault, not the men in blue.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Maybe Umpires 1, Cards 2, Cubs 2.

But did the umpires give up the HR in the 9th to tie the game?
    In your scenario, it would be Umpires 2, Cards 2, Cubs 1 That play earlier in the game was one of the worst calls I have seen in years. Only that play last year between the Braves and Pirates was worse.

Mike Shannon

Lots of blown calls tonight. It's the human condition. And that's baseball. Umpires are the Great Satan. As it should be.

But, we're coming...
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    Doesn't matter. If you have a 2-1 lead and have a chance to finish the game off, you can't blame umpires when you don't get it done.

The Cardinals just had to get three more outs in the 9th inning and they win the game regardless of those calls. That's their fault, not the men in blue.
    I'm sorry, it is their fault if they are giving runs to the other team. You would feel the same way if it happened to the Reds.

Mike Shannon

I'm sorry, it is their fault if they are giving runs to the other team. You would feel the same way if it happened to the Reds.
    You're right of course. It's tough to lose that way, but it happens a lot it seems. I'd still rather have the human element over the robo umpiring. It's part of the game.
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

Turn Off Ads?