Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bobby Petrino

Re: Bobby Petrino

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    He created a position on his staff for his mistress. That ain't good. Neither is lying to your AD.

And wasn't an affair part of the justification for forcing Houston Nutt out at Arkansas?
    An affair is one thing. Getting human resources involved and then lying to your boss to cover it up is another thing entirely. If those truly are the facts, he's in some really hot water.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    An affair is one thing. Getting human resources involved and then lying to your boss to cover it up is another thing entirely. If those truly are the facts, he's in some really hot water.
    I bet he keeps his job. He's Arkansas's best coach since Lou Holtz. Like I said, if he had gone 7-5 he would have already been fired. But things like this tend to be forgiven as long as you're winnin'.

If Arkansas wants to be on the hook for sexual harassment allegations, than sure. They'll keep him around
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by REDblooded View Post
    If Arkansas wants to be on the hook for sexual harassment allegations, than sure. They'll keep him around
    Morals and ethics go out the window when W's are concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Morals and ethics go out the window when W's are concerned.
    Not necessarily. In the end its all about $$$. More wins generally lead to more $$$, but in this case, if Petrino's embarrassing actions will lead to lower donations and cause an increase in the risk of HUGE sexual harrassment lawsuits, then he's going to be gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Not necessarily. In the end its all about $$$. More wins generally lead to more $$$, but in this case, if Petrino's embarrassing actions will lead to lower donations and cause an increase in the risk of HUGE sexual harrassment lawsuits, then he's going to be gone.
    I can agree with that to an extent.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Just perusing the Arkansas boards, I think they'd lose money if they fire him. Their fans are convinced he's a top-5 coach and that they will slip back into mediocrity if they fire him. I'd guess donations will subside if he's gone.

Who would be able to sue for sexual harassment? It seems as if their relationship was prior to her hiring, but maybe that doesn't make a difference.

Just perusing the Arkansas boards, I think they'd lose money if they fire him. Their fans are convinced he's a top-5 coach and that they will slip back into mediocrity if they fire him. I'd guess donations will subside if he's gone.

Who would be able to sue for sexual harassment? It seems as if their relationship was prior to her hiring, but maybe that doesn't make a difference.
    Exactly right! Personally, I would fire him. But then again, I aint a Razorback fan.

Depends on the nature of the relationship. And she was already an employee of the university, though not in the specific role.. Again, it's all speculation, but whenever you have a relationship involving higher level employeees and subordinates, there's room for a suit.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Fired.
    http://espn.go.com/college-football/...ch-sources-say
    Guess lying to your boss is a bad move.

Of course this will just hurt Arkansas, Petrino will pack up and be running some other program within a year.
    Go Gators!

This isn't a surprise as Petrino gave Arkansas little choice.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

part of BBN

In a side related note:
    Just listening to 84 WHAS radio and they mentioned Arkansas may want to go after Strong as he is from SEC "and" from Arkansas. Dont know if they meant lived there , born there or what. They were saying Strong hasnt been happy with media coverage of U of L's spring football.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Fired.
    http://espn.go.com/college-football/...ch-sources-say
    Guess lying to your boss is a bad move.

Of course this will just hurt Arkansas, Petrino will pack up and be running some other program within a year.
    I doubt it. This is a Larry Eustachy-esque move. He may recover, but it will be at a mid-major or as an offensive coordinator somewhere. Basically, he's starting over.

As for Strong, he is a native of Arkansas but has no ties to Fayetteville. The assistant will likely coach the team throughout this season and who knows after next season.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I doubt it. This is a Larry Eustachy-esque move. He may recover, but it will be at a mid-major or as an offensive coordinator somewhere. Basically, he's starting over.

As for Strong, he is a native of Arkansas but has no ties to Fayetteville. The assistant will likely coach the team throughout this season and who knows after next season.
    Gus Malzahn will likely get a LONG look after this season...

Petrino is going to land on his feet.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Nah, he may end up at a smaller school but he will be the head coach, immoral behavior gets forgotten about faster then NCAA violations.
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?