Turn Off Ads?

Thread: How the Reds afford this

How the Reds afford this

Several weeks ago I posted that Castellini was making a considerable return on his investment, some $100 -$200 million on the team value in the short time he has owned the team. Seems to me that breaking even in yearly operating would be fine for a $20 million per year net gain in the value of a business, but that profit only vests when the team is sold.

So they are debating on Old Red Guard how the Reds could afford Votto and Phillips at large contracts. Check out this article on Forbes http://www.forbes.com/lists/2011/33/...ds_332528.html

Seems like the Reds are making quite a yearly profit, not just in value. Kudos to Bob for opening the wallet a bit. Now let's hope the fans show up and support the moves.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: How the Reds afford this

Im happy Bob is opening the wallet instead of sitting around and letting the stars walk for big paydays in the larger markets. The Reds signing these players should be a victory for all the small/mid market clubs. Gives us and other fans of these teams hope that they really can compete. Now we just need to get that giant T.V. deal

Would be nice if he opened up the wallet on pitching.
    "Some of the guys who pitched well for us last year aren't going to make the ballclub," Narron said.

Pete Rose, when asked by David Letterman who he likes in the MLB playoffs:

"You sound like you're betting on baseball."

I transcend race, hombre LaFlamaBlanca's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cReds1 View Post
    Would be nice if he opened up the wallet on pitching.
    There's always something to complain about, I suppose.

Turn Off Ads?