Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 4/7/12 - Reds vs Marlins

Re: 4/7/12 - Reds vs Marlins

Good lord! Well, our pitching is not bringing it tonight. 2 run dinger Hanley. The Marlins have arrived. Not good for Arroyo tomorrow.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Meanwhile, the Astros and Orioles are crushing the ball this evening. What a funny game.

I know there are 160 games left, but why do I feel like I'm watching a replay from last year? Pitching has been bad tonight And the middle of the order requires No-Doz. surely this game is an abboration.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Nothing really changes on this pitching staff. It might be better than 2001-08, but then most anything would have been..... but it's always a problem to get any consistency from this whole staff.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    I know there are 160 games left, but why do I feel like I'm watching a replay from last year? Pitching has been bad tonight And the middle of the order requires No-Doz. surely this game is an abc oration.
    Because we still have someone telling the hitters to swing early. Hopefully, Heisey, Stubbs and Mez can show something here.

6-2 Fish....come on boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Nothing really changes on this pitching staff. It might be better than 2001-08, but then most anything would have been..... but it's always a problem to get any consistency from this whole staff.
    Nothing changes on Redszone either.

Honestly, we are one more starter and reliever away. We could have that guy in Corcino soon for the starter. Reliever, well Madson would have been nice eh?!

Dr. Jeckel and Mr. Bruce...one pitch, one out.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Nothing changes on Redszone either.
    And beacuse I make this observation during the 2nd game of the year.....it means I am wrong?

Chris bunts on...Stubbs, one pitch and out....way to stay patient and work the pitcher after another crooked number...

Mes is up with a runner on and Miggy on deck. Eight pitches in the inning as Mes grounds out. If that's the club philosophy, heads should roll.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Chapman pitching
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

Never mind Simon. He's a big dude
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

That was faster then needed.

Kinda glad we don't start off 9-0 again. It didn't work last year. An early loss will wake us up? Maybe Cairo can spark our offense tomorrow afternoon?

And beacuse I make this observation during the 2nd game of the year.....it means I am wrong?
    Latos will be fine, he does need to get used to the friendly confines of GABP.

Lecure, on the other hand, is an innings eater. Some folks on here want him to pitch the late innings, no way IMO. He's too hittable.

Reds should score 8 runs when Nolasco pitches. I wish the team had a lefty righty platoon in LF with a tough lefty hitter facing guys like Nolasco. I think it would really help against pitchers like this.

Turn Off Ads?