Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: 4/7/12 - Reds vs Marlins

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Re: 4/7/12 - Reds vs Marlins

We can give this Simon guy more than one inning before we write him off.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by cbowen2112 View Post
    Fire that scout. Bring back Frazier and let the rest of the pitchers pick up the slack.
    IF Dusty would allow relievers to pitch more than 1 inning....or it seems like 1/3 or 2/3 every other night....that might work as it would rest some guys 2 days at a time. But he loves to empty out a bullpen until he has no choice. He does not believe a real long man actually can be used.

He gives up the 2 run homer and then strikes out the side. Looked dominant.
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

Alfredo Simon channeling his inner Esteban Yan.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

They will keep him after he strikes out 3. He will sit though for a while. Next time he pitches I guess he will strike out the first 2, Dusty will grin and then he gives up 3 straight Homeruns. Hopefully, Dusty will be smiling while checking his iPad on an off day while on milb.tv. Simon is the new Fischer!!!

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Infante with a nice play.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    IF Dusty would allow relievers to pitch more than 1 inning....or it seems like 1/3 or 2/3 every other night....that might work as it would rest some guys 2 days at a time. But he loves to empty out a bullpen until he has no choice. He does not believe a real long man actually can be used.
    They could handle it, if he did not make pitching changes when the pitcher bats second the following inning every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Latos will be fine, he does need to get used to the friendly confines of GABP.

Lecure, on the other hand, is an innings eater. Some folks on here want him to pitch the late innings, no way IMO. He's too hittable.

Reds should score 8 runs when Nolasco pitches. I wish the team had a lefty righty platoon in LF with a tough lefty hitter facing guys like Nolasco. I think it would really help against pitchers like this.
    He does not need to get used to throwing strikes.....he has to do that no matter what park he is in.

I can deal with the loss....but i do not trust Arroyo at all.

The excuses for not hitting bad pitchers has to stop eventually.

Cozart the one bright spot
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

This just in. Cozart is da man!!! He will do very well this year in front of Votto!

Valdez clearly doesn't know he must swing at first pitch, takes 4 and has an 8 p ab. cozart with the HR!!!

8-3

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    He does not need to get used to throwing strikes.....he has to do that no matter what park he is in.

I can deal with the loss....but i do not trust Arroyo at all.

The excuses for not hitting bad pitchers has to stop eventually.
    Reds don't hit some righties because they lack lefty hitting. Not an excuse, just the obvious fact that should have been rectified this off-season, but was not.

Hopefully games like this will show some fans that relievers matter. This was a two run ballgame before Messrs. Lecure and Simon got their hands on it.

When I think that some fans wanted to go with a pen with no Madson, no Masset, and no Chapman -- and said it was a fine bullpen -- I have to laugh.

Middle of the order (Rolen, Bruce, Heisey) are 1-9.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Now the question in hindsight. Do you leave in Latos for at least one more inning? He was having trouble finding the zone, not getting torched by every batter.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Middle of the order (Rolen, Bruce, Heisey) are 1-9.
    Heisey will need to hit RHP. He's done so in the past. If not, the Reds will need to replace him with a lefty platoon bat in LF.

Turn Off Ads?