Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: this game is why Dusty Baker is not getting signed for next year!!!

this game is why Dusty Baker is not getting signed for next year!!!

Cairo should not be playing Third base late in the game, and not having a pitcher warmed up in the bullpen just in case..

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Dusty being Dusty....he'll make amends by giving ridiculous reasonings that don't make any sense.

Johnny Cueto Fan

Re: this game is why Dusty Baker is not getting signed for next year!!!

I'd love to see Barry Larkin managing this team..Just sayin

One inning too long for Arroyo. Thought he looked pretty good through six at least.

The bullpen was used for 5.1 last night, maybe he was trying to save them we have a few games until our next off day..Who knows Arroyo may have said he was good for 1 more inning..I agree that Chapman should have pitched the 7th and 8th.(heck maybe even the 9th)..Dusty will always get the blame but before I totally give him the blame I would like to know what is said in the dugout..Also that throw by Hannigan is what started the inning in the wrong direction and I blame most of that on the fielder because he could have been able to get that..just sayin

If you're sending Chapman out for two innings today, there was no reason not to get Andrusek into the game much sooner in the 7th inning. Marshall could pitch the ninth with a lead. Instead you "waste" the bullpen after getting behind.

It was obvious after the first two batters of the seventh, that Arroyo needed to be taken out.

Quote Originally Posted by KOBasinger View Post
    I'd love to see Barry Larkin managing this team..Just sayin
    Just because you were a very good player does not mean you will be a very good manager. See Dusty. but I want Dusty gone too.
    "Some of the guys who pitched well for us last year aren't going to make the ballclub," Narron said.

Pete Rose, when asked by David Letterman who he likes in the MLB playoffs:

"You sound like you're betting on baseball."

Why is Cairo in the game to begin with? Does Rolen have in his contract to get every Sunday off? He has played 2 game in 3 days so he needs a day off?

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    Why is Cairo in the game to begin with? Does Rolen have in his contract to get every Sunday off? He has played 2 game in 3 days so he needs a day off?
    Hey give Rolen a break, the schedule has been rough so far.

I don't mind letting Rolen have some days off. Id rather him playing good in August/September than burnt out or hurt. Lets face it the guy is old and needs days off almost like an aging catcher.

Quote Originally Posted by DGullett35 View Post
    I don't mind letting Rolen have some days off. Id rather him playing good in August/September than burnt out or hurt. Lets face it the guy is old and needs days off almost like an aging catcher.
    But giving him days off so often doesn't guarantee anything. I'd rather they use Rolen and give him breaks when Rolen says he needs em....or is obvious. Silly to sit him today.

giving Rolen a break the third game of the season???!! they just had a day off two days ago..thats ridiculous pay the man play the man Cairo is insurance in case someone goes down.

Quote Originally Posted by DGullett35 View Post
    The bullpen was used for 5.1 last night, maybe he was trying to save them we have a few games until our next off day..Who knows Arroyo may have said he was good for 1 more inning..I agree that Chapman should have pitched the 7th and 8th.(heck maybe even the 9th)..Dusty will always get the blame but before I totally give him the blame I would like to know what is said in the dugout..Also that throw by Hannigan is what started the inning in the wrong direction and I blame most of that on the fielder because he could have been able to get that..just sayin
    4.1 not 5.1 bullpen innings last night

Arroyo's ERA in the 7th inning last season was 8.79. Innings 1-6 his ERA was 4.89.

Arroyo should never have come out in the 7th. 1st start of the season with the troubles he had last year in the 7th while he had already gave up 7 hits and was facing the lineup for a 4th time (Reyes was due up in the 7th).

Arroyo wants his innings, he prides himself on being an innings eater. Dusty likes to make his players happy and that is why Arroyo come out in the 7th.

But one of two things needs to happen, either Dusty realizes he is not here to make friends but to win games or at the very least have a reliever warming up when a batter reaches base on Arroyo after the 6th inning

In one of my earlier post' I said Dusty should have had Chapman or someone else starting to get warmed up in case someone reached base..However I dont understand what you're saying Krawhitham..He had an 8.79 era in the 7th inning in 2011 but you say that he should have never came out in the 7th today???So you agree with the move that Dusty made? The only reason I can see why Dusty kept him in was because we had the pitcher spot coming up in the bottom of the inning and he didnt want to waste Chapman for only a couple batters but thats basically what he did by bringing in Ondrusek..Im no manager and i'm not trying to be but I still have no reason other than Arroyo didnt want to come out and Dusty let him make the decision. If that was the case then I do agree with you in that Dusty doesn't need to make friends. He needs to win ballgames and if in the process he's pissing the guys off then so be it..

And I dont understand the big deal of giving Rolen the day off..Its a day game after a night game, and Rolen is broke down like an aging catcher..Also most of these bench guys haven't played in a almost a week so letting them get some at-bats in won't hurt anything. actually I'm ok with it.. I actually agree with Dusty this time. Annnnd it ended up getting this team a win. Rolen did get the game-winning pinch hit. Rolen isn't going to play 150 games..maybe 100-115 if healthy

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Cairo made an outstanding play in the field also!!! It has been common practice that Rolen gets the day game after a night game off. I just don't get the hatred!!!!

Turn Off Ads?