Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latos and Bailey

Latos and Bailey

are the same guy. Big,long,power pitchers. I am watching some of Mat's opener and am amazed how similiar they look.

Neither got their marbles all together yet. Both throwing about at 91-94mph. I bet if both stay healthy, they are going 94-97 by May.

Bailey hasn't had the chance the last 2 years with the injury problems.

Now back to the typical Redszone Bailey hating diatribes.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Latos and Bailey

i think most agree bailey has the tools but at the same time most watch the games. he flat out sucks. yea arroyo sucks and if he gives up 4 i feel good with that. just not 5+. with bailey he can't do that. also he gave up 4 in the 1st inning you can't do that. it killed us last year.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Rage View Post
    are the same guy. Big,long,power pitchers. I am watching some of Mat's opener and am amazed how similiar they look.

Neither got their marbles all together yet. Both throwing about at 91-94mph. I bet if both stay healthy, they are going 94-97 by May.
    I don't think Bailey has touched 97 since 2007. If then.

Quote Originally Posted by R_Webb18 View Post
    i think most agree bailey has the tools but at the same time most watch the games. he flat out sucks. yea arroyo sucks and if he gives up 4 i feel good with that. just not 5+. with bailey he can't do that. also he gave up 4 in the 1st inning you can't do that. it killed us last year.
    Bailey was throwing 89-90mph in the first!!!! Clearly not loose, April "hangovers" or not quite ready time is not new. Patience laddy, patience.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Bailey doesn't have near the stuff that Latos has. When Latos is on, he's absolutely nasty. I've never really seen much difference in Good Homer and Bad Homer, other than location. I know that's a big other, but I've never really seen the stuff from him where you go "Wow, that was nasty."
    Rounding third and heading for home...

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    Bailey doesn't have near the stuff that Latos has. When Latos is on, he's absolutely nasty. I've never really seen much difference in Good Homer and Bad Homer, other than location. I know that's a big other, but I've never really seen the stuff from him where you go "Wow, that was nasty."
    Agree.

Bailey hit 97mph in 2009, the last time he wasn't injured.......hmmmmm.

Bailey has every bit the stuff of Latos. Again, allow Homer to build into the "fireballing madman" persona and lets talk again. Patience, patience.

He almost pitched a 7I 0R game tonight if he could have gotten warmer quicker. The difference in fastball velocity was quite noticeable between the
    1st-3rd inning.

Latos is younger and has surpassed 9 wins in a season.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Latos is younger and has surpassed 9 wins in a season.
    Bailey may have had a 20 win season if he had been healthy last year. Wins don't mean jack.

Latos hasn't had enough of an opportunity to disappoint me yet. I have high hopes for him once the jitters move out, and warm weather moves in.

Same can't be said for Bailey. Homer's inconsistent, and he's a headcase. Flashes of brilliance marred by.....what happened tonight. This isn't just a reaction to "one game," but to a couple of years of the same old thing.

Bailey is only starting out of necessity. Masset and Madsen start off the year healthy and Chapman is the 5th starter instead of the bullpen.

All signs point to Bailey being our Edinson Volquez of 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rage View Post
    Bailey may have had a 20 win season if he had been healthy last year. Wins don't mean jack.
    Ok. If he may have had 20 if not for injuries....then why have the Homer-type threads?

He had 9 (apparently meaningless) wins last year...his career high....did he miss 55% of the season???

He had 22 starts last year....was he slated for 49 starts? That's what it would've taken.

I guess I can handle him never having a double digit number in the win column since he always pitches 180+ innings with an excellent WHIP.

I personally believe we need to see a full 30+ start season from homer to see his deep down true colors... Not sure that will ever happen (fingers crossed)

Wow if Homer was just healthy hed be in the Hall of Fame!

This thread is pretty foolish.

Turn Off Ads?