Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Latos

Latos

After reading through the game-day thread for Opening Night I couldn't help but pull a Marvin Lewis and giggle a little. All the 'we traded too much', 'Volquez is better', blah, blah, etc. I have followed this board for a couple years and post every now and then and I could not believe the explosion of negativity after Latos got yanked. Well I could but was hoping the forum had turned over a new leaf. He was pitching Opening Night for his new team in the home ball park and I don't have to tell you guys that he was probably too amped up for this one. This in turn caused him to try to hard and he wore down quite quickly. Let's give him at least 5-10 starts before we even think about jumping ship on him. I will go out on a limb and say he is probably going to end up with a sub 3.75 ERA, 170+ strikeouts, while winning about 15-17 games. I love being able to see what you guys think on the season and love posting every so often (more so this year) so I just say, give the man a chance!
    The best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be! -Bret Hart

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Latos

I almost blame Mesoraco more for that start than I do Latos.

Re: Latos

It's pretty normal for the Sun Deck to overreact to stuff.

But yeah, Latos will be fine. I didn't think Mes called a good game at all, and I thought that Mat was trying to do a little too much. Once he settles in he'll get on a roll.

Turn Off Ads?