Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Reds vs. Cardinals Monday 4/9

Re: Reds vs. Cardinals Monday 4/9

I blame Hanigan. If he only would have held on to strike 3 on Holiday, we would be winning 1-0 and Bailey would be the best thing since sliced bread.

Instead, Bailey sucks, Votto sucks, Dusty sucks and the nihilistic impluses takeover.
    Last edited by The Rage; 04-09-2012 at 09:06 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

So let's see. Bailey should have struck out Holliday for the third out. Instead Holliday gets a second chance and homers. And Head Case Bailey loses it. Sounds about right.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Rage View Post
    I blame Hanigan. If he only would have held on to strike 3 on Holiday, we would be winning 1-0 and Bailey would be the best thing since sliced bread.

Instead, Bailey sucks, Votto sucks, Dusty sucks and the nihilisitic impluses takeover.
    Do you actually know what nihilism is?
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    So let's see. Bailey should have struck out Halliday for the third out. Instead Halliday gets a second chance and homers. And Head Case Bailey loses it. Sounds about right.
    If that is true, Bailey should have melted down after Heisey screwed up a obvious catch.

More likely he wasn't loose, the Cards almost swung themselves out, before Holiday got the message after the reprieve: Homer is leaving everything upstairs. So the floodgates open. Bailey recovers and gets loose, pitches 4.2 straight scoreless. I guess we should attack Latos for "giving" in during his 3 run bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    Do you actually know what nihilism is?
    I saw those Nihilists running around in The Big Lebowski.

I saw those Nihilists running around in The Big Lebowski.
    Dey believes in nutting.

If that is true, Bailey should have melted down after Heisey screwed up a obvious catch.

More likely he wasn't loose, the Cards almost swung themselves out, before Holiday got the message after the reprieve: Homer is leaving everything upstairs. So the floodgates open. Bailey recovers and gets loose, pitches 4.2 straight scoreless. I guess we should attack Latos for "giving" in during his 3 run bomb.
    If we didn't see this same act play out time and time again in 2011 with Homer you might have a point. But we did. And you don't.

Stubbs really pounded the crap out of that one.

Instead, Bailey sucks, Votto sucks, Dusty sucks and the nihilisitic impluses takeover.
    Kudos for throwing "nihilistic" in there.

If we didn't see this same act play out time and time again in 2011 with Homer you might have a point. But we did. And you don't.
    Bailey's issues about getting loose are well known. He had a bout of it against the Cubs last September leaving a similiar result. Sometimes, things just don't go right. It isn't something that happens alot, but when it does, the boo birds always come.

A bad start is like Bailey vs. the Mets last year. He was really awful that game. This game should have been win 1, but you can't win them all.

It's gonna be okay. Willie Harris has the lumber in his hands.

I'd give "reputation points" for this if it was still the thing here...quality intraweb posting.

Looks like I overpaid in my auction draft for Yu Darvish....geez....not a great night for me.

I don't think Bailey's problem is not getting loose, because the big innings he allows are not always in the first inning. He's just as likely to pitch 4 or 5 scoreless innings, and then give up a big number. His problem is once he gets hit hard, he takes it personally and tries to blow the next guy away. So he throws a heater down the middle and the batter jumps on it. That has to be the scouting report on bailey by now.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    I don't think Bailey's problem is not getting loose, because the big innings he allows are not always in the first inning. He's just as likely to pitch 4 or 5 scoreless innings, and then give up a big number. His problem is once he gets hit hard, he takes it personally and tries to blow the next guy away. So he throws a heater down the middle and the batter jumps on it. That has to be the scouting report on bailey by now.
    Agreed, and that was Dave's point. It's been his modus operandi for years.

Turn Off Ads?