Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: Reds vs. Cardinals Monday 4/9

Re: Reds vs. Cardinals Monday 4/9

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    I don't think Bailey's problem is not getting loose, because the big innings he allows are not always in the first inning. He's just as likely to pitch 4 or 5 scoreless innings, and then give up a big number. His problem is once he gets hit hard, he takes it personally and tries to blow the next guy away. So he throws a heater down the middle and the batter jumps on it. That has to be the scouting report on bailey by now.
    The problem is, he was elevating everything during the inning. I mean everything. Furcal and Beltran literally got themselves out, as almost did Holiday. This doesn't fit the scouting report when Bailey gives up a 3 run homer late in 7th or 8th after almost throwing a gem. He just wasn't right that inning.

Bailey's velocity was also punk as well.
    Last edited by The Rage; 04-09-2012 at 09:18 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Rage View Post
    The problem is, he was elevating everything during the inning. I mean everything. Furcal and Beltran literally got themselves out, as almost did Holiday. This doesn't fit the scouting report when Bailey gives up a 3 run homer late in 7th or 8th after almost throwing a gem. He just wasn't right that inning.
    Reminds me of when I was in 9th grade English...I sat in the back of the room...on purpose...I was always busy reading comic books or baseball magazines..my teacher caught me doing it one day...she tapped me on the shoulder, asked to see what I was reading, and I showed her. She noticed it was a beckett's baseball card magazine and told me I needed to elevate my reading material.

So I held the magazine up over my head.

1 week in the hole for that one.
    Founder and Ruling Elite of the Derrick Robinson Fan Club. Limited amount of memberships available.

gg

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

Can I change my prediction?
    Zero chance the Reds miss the playoffs!

Ugh
    "I talked to an advance scout that told me if Joey Votto and Albert Pujols were on the same team he'd advise his team to do the unthinkable...pitch around Votto to get to Pujols." - Buster Olney, ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by The Rage View Post
    The problem is, he was elevating everything during the inning. I mean everything.
    Well two of the home runs were on balls left at the knees and the other one was right down the middle, so i wouldnt say that was his problem...

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

Reds take the next two and we all look back at this game and laugh.

A forgettable game

Quote Originally Posted by TuneSquad View Post
    Well two of the home runs were on balls left at the knees and the other one was right down the middle, so i wouldnt say that was his problem...
    I do not agree. The one "down the middle" was up in the zone and saying those others were "on the knees" is stretching it. They were "down the middle".

Lets note, the ball he got Beltran out on was a real stinker. He just missed it.

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

Bring in Noodles.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    1 week in the hole for that one.
    Tough school!
    "I talked to an advance scout that told me if Joey Votto and Albert Pujols were on the same team he'd advise his team to do the unthinkable...pitch around Votto to get to Pujols." - Buster Olney, ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Reds take the next two and we all look back at this game and laugh.
    hard to do that when it seems like every spot we got outplayed

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    Tough school!
    Meh....unsurprisingly, I had priors....
    Founder and Ruling Elite of the Derrick Robinson Fan Club. Limited amount of memberships available.

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

Throw some freaking strikes. Geez.

Seven walks on the night usually spell trouble.

What a lifeless performance by the Reds. Homer's first inning blowup just seemed to take the life out of the guys. No fight. Westbrook looked very average and we still couldn't hit the ball out of the infield.

Ugh.
    Reds 2010 NL Central Champs

Turn Off Ads?