Turn Off Ads?
Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627 LastLast

Thread: 4/9/2012, Cardinals (Westbrook) @ Reds (Bailey)- Game 4

Re: 4/9/2012, Cardinals (Westbrook) @ Reds (Bailey)- Game 4

Well this game sucked. Get 'em tomorrow boys.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

2. Turn Off Ads?

12 pitch inning, with 2 strikeouts. Middle of the order goes 1-12. No firepower so far.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    The season has started. They all count.
    Yep and the World Series favorites this year have the same record as us out in Disney Land.

If you don't play each pitch, each AB, and each game with intensity, you'll waste opportunities.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

If you don't play each pitch, each AB, and each game with intensity, you'll waste opportunities.
    Agreed. 158 more to go, but so far we are stuck in 2011.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by cbowen2112 View Post
    I feel the same way.

And you would be surprised at how many actually are freaking out this early. I will take .500 ball all the way to September. Then play about .750 from there.

A lot of people kept expecting the Reds to bust out of it all year....last year......the manager kept telling us that.

Right now...the cards have all the confidence....and the Reds do not.

Middle of the order is 6-44 through 4 games or .136 average. Sad.
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

Really? That's what happened? I've seen bad pitching so far, all four games that are in the books. I'm suspecting that trying harder wasn't going to turn any of those bombs into outs. Homer simply isn't a good pitcher, Arredondo can't find the plate still. I don't think lollygagging is the problem.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Pretty decent game. Bailey really settled down after that first rough inning. I was shocked to see Westbrook have a pretty good game. I can count on one hand how many decent games he has had since becoming a Cardinal.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Really? That's what happened? I've seen bad pitching so far, all four games that are in the books. I'm suspecting that trying harder wasn't going to turn any of those bombs into outs. Homer simply isn't a good pitcher, Arredondo can't find the plate still. I don't think lollygagging is the problem.
    Nah, not that. They ran out all the ground balls hard and there was a lot of effort for the first 7 innings. Just a lack of what I'll call game awareness.

Westbrook walks Cozart and Votto in the 1st. But Bruce and Rolen don't move them along and nada. Westbrook walk 2 guys to lead off the second. And then Hanigan swings on the first pitch. Bailey makes a stupid bunt to force the guy at 3rd and nothing. Those 9 pitch innings. Bailey swinging at the 1st pitch in his AB. The Cards bust it open by starting the runners (walks) and Molina laying into a fat pitch when everbody and their brother could see it coming. And then the Reds just layed down the last few innings and gave away ABs. I felt like yelling "c'mon guys, let's think a little out there". It's way too early for this kind of play.

I guess when you don't make plays, you don't execute at the plate or throw good pitches, you're going to look bad and look lackadaisical. And that's what I saw tonight.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    Pretty decent game. Bailey really settled down after that first rough inning. I was shocked to see Westbrook have a pretty good game. I can count on one hand how many decent games he has had since becoming a Cardinal.
    Westbrook changed his workout, and learned a new pitch in the offseason. He looked good in spring training, and definitely improved in tonight's game. You might have to get more hands this year
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

This offense has gotten off to a terrible start and they have to wake up fast.Did they play like this in ST?was votto,phillips,rolen and the rest BA's low What I have seen so far is absolutely awful.
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Westbrook changed his workout, and learned a new pitch in the offseason. He looked good in spring training, and definitely improved in tonight's game. You might have to get more hands this year
    He lost like 25 pounds during the off season. I forgot to put it in the "best shape of my life" thread.

I think Loshe and Westbrook could have big years because they are both in walk years and I don't see the Cards signing them again (thank god).

Zep-chin-ski

I have Polish relatives
    "Just like it's spelled" - Detective Stan 'Wojo' Wojciehowicz
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    Man oh man I hate that smirk of Yadier Molina's.
    Ugh, my wife & daughter & I had to endure sitting two rows in front of the loudest, most obnoxious Cardinals fan with a gold-lettered Molina jersey on. To add insult to injury, around the 8th inning he began pontificating about how great & wonderful "Archbishop" Dolan is (former St. Louis archbishop, now Cardinal Dolan of NYC). Thankfully he left early with his Cincinnati friends who inflicted him on all of us.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Turn Off Ads?