Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If the Reds keep letting Homer pitch every Fifth day, it will divide the Ballclub!!!

Re: If the Reds keep letting Homer pitch every Fifth day, it will divide the Ballclub

Well, Homer is the #4 starter, so who knows what we've got in store for us tonight.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    I transcend race, hombre LaFlamaBlanca's Avatar

Re: If the Reds keep letting Homer pitch every Fifth day, it will divide the Ballclub

Quote Originally Posted by DaytonFlyer View Post
    Well, Homer is the #4 starter, so who knows what we've got in store for us tonight.
    Not a bad point. Why is Leake the 5th starter for this team? He put together a better 2011 than Bailey has ever had.

Oh Dusty.

Quote Originally Posted by LaFlamaBlanca View Post
    Not a bad point. Why is Leake the 5th starter for this team? He put together a better 2011 than Bailey has ever had.

Oh Dusty.
    I think it has something to do with the type of pitcher they are. Latos is similar to Bailey - stuff pitchers. Arroyo and Leake are both more finesse pitchers. So you stagger them. 2 through 4. Stuff-finesse-stuff-finesse. Kinda like not hitting lefties back to back.

That is just a guestimation on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by krm1580 View Post
    My advice to "the veterans who want to win" is feel free to become heated after you produce. When you get 3 hit by the likes of Jake Westbrook, including no hit for nearly 5 innings you should really shut your mouth and worry about doing your own job.
    I could not have said it better. There is no excuse for the way our offense has played the last two games. Westbrook couldn't find the strike zone to save his life and our players are up there swinging away. Sadly this is a common thing in the Dusty era.
    Last edited by Cicero2.0; 04-10-2012 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    I think it has something to do with the type of pitcher they are. Latos is similar to Bailey - stuff pitchers. Arroyo and Leake are both more finesse pitchers. So you stagger them. 2 through 4. Stuff-finesse-stuff-finesse. Kinda like not hitting lefties back to back.

That is just a guestimation on my part.
    this but then you ask why leake 5 not 3

Way too early to make a post like this. A lot can happen as there are too many knee-jerk reactions.

With that said, I hope Homer has saved enough money to buy a lifetime subscription to Field and Stream magazine because he might have a lot of free time on his hands.

anybody see pics of Devin blowing up in the dugout yesterday???!!! Dusty has to go!!!

^Maybe he was just pissed he let a ball get by him that won the game (I dont know, didnt see what your talking about, so not sure of timing when this supposedly happened)?
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BLark = HOF View Post
    Has this ever happened??
    Last year...
    WHEN DOES IT STOP!?!?

Turn Off Ads?