Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: DAT DUDE BP!!!!!!!!!!!!

DAT DUDE BP!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD DAY #Cincinnati... Just got to say, THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME!!!! Looks like y'all might have to deal w/ me a little bit longer ��

That is from Brandon Phillips' Twitter.... Im guessing he got his extension

https://twitter.com/#!/DatDudeBP

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: DAT DUDE BP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't link it from my phone but Bowden is saying 6 years 72.5 million. Way to long if u ask me.

6 years/72 million

I'd rather they offered 3 years/40 million

I don't trust him for 6 more years....hopefully I'm wrong.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/0...extension.html

The Reds have agreed in principle to a six-year, $72.5MM extension with Brandon Phillips, Jim Bowden of ESPN.com and MLB Network Radio reports (Twitter links). However, the agreement is pending approval from ownership and the deal remains unconfirmed.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

6 years. 72.5 mil. I like it. Bit too much $$$$, 2 years too long, but I am not going to catch myself complaining about a Cincinnati professional sports franchise paying TOO MUCH to keep its stars in town. Congrats, Dat Dude.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

I suppose with all the TV money that looks to be making its way into the game we should expect contracts that are longer and stronger than in the past.

Did he pull a hamie last night? It did not look good.

I do not have a huge issue with this deal as Brandon is a gold glove caliber defender. I think he can keep that up for at least another 4 years and in years 5 and 6 the drop off won't be substantial. I mean BP plays hard and is a face of this franchise. Good move by the FO to actually keep our players here even if it cost a little bit more then we would want to give him. Glad to have Brandon with us for the next 6 years!
    The best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be! -Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by Grouse View Post
    Did he pull a hamie last night? It did not look good.
    That was the word on WLW this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    6 years. 72.5 mil. I like it. Bit too much $$$$, 2 years too long, but I am not going to catch myself complaining about a Cincinnati professional sports franchise paying TOO MUCH to keep its stars in town. Congrats, Dat Dude.
    Great post

In Fay's column Phillips said it was cramping in the hamstring and he wants to play tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by KYRedLeg View Post
    That was the word on WLW this morning.
    Great. I'm happy he is staying though. Who will fill in for him while he is gone? Who will bat leadoff? A hamie can take months to heal. I hope it was a cramp.

Quote Originally Posted by Grouse View Post
    Great. I'm happy he is staying though. Who will fill in for him while he is gone? Who will bat leadoff? A hamie can take months to heal.
    He didn't do the "collapse in writhing pain" hammy....he did the hobbling "oh crap" hammy.

So...lets see, 1st, 2nd, SS, Catcher, RF are all "locked" into the Reds for at least the next five full seasons...not to bad..

I'm now seeing 6 years 72 million through 2017. So it's a 5 year 60 million dollar extension.

Turn Off Ads?