Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This team is in bad shape.

This team is in bad shape.

I know we are only 5 games in but look at the big picture here. Drew Stubbs looks absolutely horrible at the plate, Bailey is to inconsistant, there is no true closer although I think Marshall will be just fine, Rolen will be lucky to play 110 games, no legit LF who has had sucsess lately, a GM who has 3 lefty batters on the whole team who traded our future lh 3rd baseman away for a bullpen arm and for years now who has not addressed the 1 hole or 4 hole in the line-up who also gave a 12 yes 12 year $225 million contract to votto who i'm glad they signed but 12 years what if he gets hurt like jr, then gives a 2nd baseman a 6 year $72.5 million contract who is aging fast, all managed by the worst manager I've ever seen. With only 17000 people going to see a big rivalery game and all I've just said is a recipe for disaster. The future does not look good and something has to be done.

Let the kids play!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: This team is in bad shape.

All your questions were answered in your first sentence."I know we are only 5 games in" and the big picture is this team will be fine. Give it some time. Bailey wasn't horrible after the first inning. Cueto looks like the ace we envisioned, and Arroyo had his best start in over a year(at least for 6 innings). Pitching and defense win games and by all accounts other than Latos(who will be fine), and Arredondo in the pen this pitching staff has been good(also Simon had 1 rough inning). We will know how good this team is by May 15. the only thing I'm worried about and you touched on it is the 4 spot in the order. that does worry me. I think Rolen is better than he was last year but he would be better off in the 6 or 7 spot. I wish Dusty would at least try bruce in the 4 hole. He has to do something to start this offense. I would love for Brandon to hit there but we have no leadoff hitter.

This what happens when management does nothing to upgrade a bad offense in the offseason. Losing Madson and Masset have absolutely killed the bullpen and prevented Chapman from taking Bailey or Arroyos spot in the rotation. Im not even the gonna mention our manager because i think everyone already knows how bad he is. The cardinal's are just a much better team in all areas because of this. 85 wins is the ceiling

Quote Originally Posted by joe51391 View Post
    I know we are only 5 games in but look at the big picture here. Drew Stubbs looks absolutely horrible at the plate, Bailey is to inconsistant, there is no true closer although I think Marshall will be just fine, Rolen will be lucky to play 110 games, no legit LF who has had sucsess lately, a GM who has 3 lefty batters on the whole team who traded our future lh 3rd baseman away for a bullpen arm and for years now who has not addressed the 1 hole or 4 hole in the line-up who also gave a 12 yes 12 year $225 million contract to votto who i'm glad they signed but 12 years what if he gets hurt like jr, then gives a 2nd baseman a 6 year $72.5 million contract who is aging fast, all managed by the worst manager I've ever seen. With only 17000 people going to see a big rivalery game and all I've just said is a recipe for disaster. The future does not look good and something has to be done.
    Relax. Pop a Xanex. All will be fine.

Relax. Pop a Xanex. All will be fine.

Gee, I'm shocked- several people have now addressed the lack of left handed bats on this team as a real problem. A problem that was addressed by signing Ryan Ludwick? A problem that most fans would resolve by bring up Frazer? I am no longer a voice crying in the wilderness. Unfortunately its probably too late to do anything about this now.

all managed by the worst manager I've ever seen. .

Please! Were you around for Jerry Naron? Not to mention Bob Boone or Ray Knight.

We've got enough problems without the hyperbole.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Gee, I'm shocked- several people have now addressed the lack of left handed bats on this team as a real problem. A problem that was addressed by signing Ryan Ludwick? A problem that most fans would resolve by bring up Frazer? I am no longer a voice crying in the wilderness. Unfortunately its probably too late to do anything about this now.
    I want to know what changed so drastically from the time they were putting their team together for 2012 and the signings of Votto and Phillips to contract extensions for roughly 300 million? What do they know now that they didn't know then? If these contract extensions are being fueled by expected future television revenues they must have had an inkling back in December/January. Right? Seth Smith would have been a nice addition in left field. Instead, they poor-mouthed and shopped in the bargain bin to come up with Ryan Ludwick. They moaned that they couldn't afford a Roy Oswalt and ended up with Jeff Francis and Brett Tomko. To me there is a serious disconnect here.
    Last edited by texasdave; 04-11-2012 at 07:58 AM.

Who is Steve Smith?

Quote Originally Posted by jhu1321 View Post
    Who is Steve Smith?
    It is too early. I meant Seth Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by jhu1321 View Post
    Who is Steve Smith?
    WR for the Panthers, or the WR for the Giants?

Who is Steve Smith?

More importantly, who is Mike Jones?

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    More importantly, who is Mike Jones?
    A rapper?

Quote Originally Posted by will5979 View Post
    or the WR for the Giants?
    He now plays for the Rams

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar