Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reds Top Prospects April 2012 Edition

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Reds Top Prospects April 2012 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    I'm surprised to see people saying that Didi won't stick at SS. I thought he was a defensive stud?
    If someone is saying he won't stick at shortstop they haven't seen him play or believe he will move elsewhere for someone else.

2. Turn Off Ads?

If someone is saying he won't stick at shortstop they haven't seen him play or believe he will move elsewhere for someone else.
    I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that they'd move Cozart to make way for Didi. Id Didi hits, they may prefer him to Cozart as a 3B. He's got the arm for the spot.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    I'm surprised to see people saying that Didi won't stick at SS. I thought he was a defensive stud?
    Who said he can't/won't stick? I think it's more a matter of finding spots for people in Cincinnati. If Cozart continues to rake and impress in the field, it's unlikely he'll be moving off SS. Thus, despite his defensive prowess, the team is more likely to look for a new spot for DiDi if his future is in this organization- much like Votto and Alonso circa 2010.

In the meantime, I would continue to play both DiDi and Hamilton at SS on their respective teams in order to maintain optionality.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    In the meantime, I would continue to play both DiDi and Hamilton at SS on their respective teams in order to maintain optionality.
    I'd probably play Hamilton at CF at this point. His speed and arm should make him a Gold Glove contender if he can track fly balls at all. At this point, with Cozart and Gregorius in front of him, that's his best bet at getting to the major leagues. CF have been guys who've struggled offensively in the past (though not last season), and Hamilton would make for a valuable one.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    I'd probably play Hamilton at CF at this point. His speed and arm should make him a Gold Glove contender if he can track fly balls at all. At this point, with Cozart and Gregorius in front of him, that's his best bet at getting to the major leagues. CF have been guys who've struggled offensively in the past (though not last season), and Hamilton would make for a valuable one.
    I wouldn't strongly disagree, although I think Hamilton could still have a future at 2B in Cincy- especially if people are correct to speculate that BP will have to move to 3B or LF sometime around 2015, which should coincide with the time Hamilton is ready to play full-time.

Gregorius could play 2B also, but he will presumably big league ready before 2015, so he may have to backup for a while unless he moves to 3B (or is traded).
    Go BLUE!!!

I just can't see Gregorius having value at the major league level at any position other than SS.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I just can't see Gregorius having value at the major league level at any position other than SS.
    Maybe Gregorius backs up SS in 2014 and Cozart moves over to 2B in 2015 with BP moving to 3B? It's all blind speculation at this point.

Probably more likely Gregorius will be traded if he continues to be a hot prospect.
    Go BLUE!!!

Turn Off Ads?