Turn Off Ads?
Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Minor League Transactions

-The Insider-

Re: 2012 Minor League Transactions

Last edited by cinreds21; 07-21-2012 at 08:48 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

If we trade Hamilton and Cingrani, we better be getting a stud.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    If we trade Hamilton and Cingrani, we better be getting a stud.

“I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

It does make sense that Hamilton be left at SS (despite virtually all scouts of significance doubting his ability to play there at the big-league level) if he were being shined up for a trade.

However, he's back in the Pensacola lineup today.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc. Scott View Post
    It does make sense that Hamilton be left at SS (despite virtually all scouts of significance doubting his ability to play there at the big-league level) if he were being shined up for a trade.

However, he's back in the Pensacola lineup today.
    Reds would be nuts to trade Hamilton. I guess for an all-star, maybe, but even then doubtful.

Hamilton will be a huge source of excitement and perhaps revenue for the franchise if and when he makes the major leagues. Hard to see them parting with him at this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Reds would be nuts to trade Hamilton. I guess for an all-star, maybe, but even then doubtful.

Hamilton will be a huge source of excitement and perhaps revenue for the franchise if and when he makes the major leagues. Hard to see them parting with him at this stage.
    Agree. Have to think (at least I do) that Hamilton at this point is about as close to an untouchable as one can get.

I forgot to mention Brooks Pinckard is on the disabled list.

The money part is why I think all the trade talk that includes Hamilton is hot air. The Reds want him in Cincinnati someday with all the buzz growing he's money in the bank and butts in the seats...

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    The money part is why I think all the trade talk that includes Hamilton is hot air. The Reds want him in Cincinnati someday with all the buzz growing he's money in the bank and butts in the seats...
    That only works for a long period of time if he is good though. If he winds up being Juan Pierre, it might last three weeks. You trade him for Justin Upton and Upton goes 2011 on you? That puts more butts in the seats (of course it has to in order to make up the difference in pay) because it is going to lead to more winning.

I fully believe Hamilton is off limits though because of the PR machine that is. I wouldn't be actively trying to trade him by any means. But in the right kind of deal, he should be available.

Chris Joyce was activated from Bakersfield's disabled list.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    But in the right kind of deal, he should be available.
    I agree with that completely - I agree with that about any prospect in fact unless you have a Bryce Harper once a generation type. But it would have to be a really great deal at this point - like an Upton trade, or a Stanton deal.

Dioner Navarro was activated from the Bats' dl in time for Brian Peacock (strained lower back) to return there. Brett Tomko was also activated from the dl in Louisville.

Richard McCaffrey is leaving Arizona and going to Billings. Robert Stephenson was promoted to Dayton. Jefry Sierra went on Dayton's disabled list after he dislocated his shoulder. Radhames Quezada also went on the dl with a shoulder issue. Spencer Dickinson was activated from the disabled list. Interestingly enough, he has been playing third base for the Dragons.

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    That only works for a long period of time if he is good though. If he winds up being Juan Pierre, it might last three weeks. You trade him for Justin Upton and Upton goes 2011 on you? That puts more butts in the seats (of course it has to in order to make up the difference in pay) because it is going to lead to more winning.

I fully believe Hamilton is off limits though because of the PR machine that is. I wouldn't be actively trying to trade him by any means. But in the right kind of deal, he should be available.
    It's a historic moment: I agree completely with Doug! Hamilton could very definitely end up like a Pierre- a guy with undeniable skills that are largely counteracted by all the other bad stuff he does. Of course, I hope that doesn't turn out to be the case.

If he could play SS, Pierre's numbers would rank among the top five SS in the game.

Turn Off Ads?