Turn Off Ads?
Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 LastLast
Results 286 to 300 of 359

Thread: 2012 Minor League Transactions

  1. #286
    -The Insider-
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,871

    Re: 2012 Minor League Transactions

    Last edited by cinreds21; 07-21-2012 at 08:48 PM.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #287
    Member JaxRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    9,554

    Re: 2012 Minor League Transactions

    If we trade Hamilton and Cingrani, we better be getting a stud.

  4. #288
    Member Tom Servo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,541

    Re: 2012 Minor League Transactions

    Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    If we trade Hamilton and Cingrani, we better be getting a stud.


    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

  5. #289
    Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Portland, OR (West Chester, OH)
    Posts
    6,091

    Re: 2012 Minor League Transactions

    It does make sense that Hamilton be left at SS (despite virtually all scouts of significance doubting his ability to play there at the big-league level) if he were being shined up for a trade.

    However, he's back in the Pensacola lineup today.

  6. #290
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    13,787

    Re: 2012 Minor League Transactions

    Quote Originally Posted by Doc. Scott View Post
    It does make sense that Hamilton be left at SS (despite virtually all scouts of significance doubting his ability to play there at the big-league level) if he were being shined up for a trade.

    However, he's back in the Pensacola lineup today.
    Reds would be nuts to trade Hamilton. I guess for an all-star, maybe, but even then doubtful.

    Hamilton will be a huge source of excitement and perhaps revenue for the franchise if and when he makes the major leagues. Hard to see them parting with him at this stage.

  7. #291
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,564

    Re: 2012 Minor League Transactions

    Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Reds would be nuts to trade Hamilton. I guess for an all-star, maybe, but even then doubtful.

    Hamilton will be a huge source of excitement and perhaps revenue for the franchise if and when he makes the major leagues. Hard to see them parting with him at this stage.
    Agree. Have to think (at least I do) that Hamilton at this point is about as close to an untouchable as one can get.

  8. #292
    Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    11,438

    Re: 2012 Minor League Transactions

    I forgot to mention Brooks Pinckard is on the disabled list.

  9. #293
    Moderator RedlegJake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    North Kansas City, Mo
    Posts
    5,858

    Re: 2012 Minor League Transactions

    The money part is why I think all the trade talk that includes Hamilton is hot air. The Reds want him in Cincinnati someday with all the buzz growing he's money in the bank and butts in the seats...

  10. #294
    The Boss dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    35,488

    Re: 2012 Minor League Transactions

    Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    The money part is why I think all the trade talk that includes Hamilton is hot air. The Reds want him in Cincinnati someday with all the buzz growing he's money in the bank and butts in the seats...
    That only works for a long period of time if he is good though. If he winds up being Juan Pierre, it might last three weeks. You trade him for Justin Upton and Upton goes 2011 on you? That puts more butts in the seats (of course it has to in order to make up the difference in pay) because it is going to lead to more winning.

    I fully believe Hamilton is off limits though because of the PR machine that is. I wouldn't be actively trying to trade him by any means. But in the right kind of deal, he should be available.

  11. #295
    Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    11,438

    Re: 2012 Minor League Transactions

    Chris Joyce was activated from Bakersfield's disabled list.

  12. #296
    Moderator RedlegJake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    North Kansas City, Mo
    Posts
    5,858

    Re: 2012 Minor League Transactions

    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    But in the right kind of deal, he should be available.
    I agree with that completely - I agree with that about any prospect in fact unless you have a Bryce Harper once a generation type. But it would have to be a really great deal at this point - like an Upton trade, or a Stanton deal.

  13. #297
    Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    11,438

    Re: 2012 Minor League Transactions

    Dioner Navarro was activated from the Bats' dl in time for Brian Peacock (strained lower back) to return there. Brett Tomko was also activated from the dl in Louisville.

  14. #298
    Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    11,438

    Re: 2012 Minor League Transactions

    Richard McCaffrey is leaving Arizona and going to Billings. Robert Stephenson was promoted to Dayton. Jefry Sierra went on Dayton's disabled list after he dislocated his shoulder. Radhames Quezada also went on the dl with a shoulder issue. Spencer Dickinson was activated from the disabled list. Interestingly enough, he has been playing third base for the Dragons.

  15. #299
    Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Portland, OR (West Chester, OH)
    Posts
    6,091

    Re: 2012 Minor League Transactions

    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    That only works for a long period of time if he is good though. If he winds up being Juan Pierre, it might last three weeks. You trade him for Justin Upton and Upton goes 2011 on you? That puts more butts in the seats (of course it has to in order to make up the difference in pay) because it is going to lead to more winning.

    I fully believe Hamilton is off limits though because of the PR machine that is. I wouldn't be actively trying to trade him by any means. But in the right kind of deal, he should be available.
    It's a historic moment: I agree completely with Doug! Hamilton could very definitely end up like a Pierre- a guy with undeniable skills that are largely counteracted by all the other bad stuff he does. Of course, I hope that doesn't turn out to be the case.

  16. #300
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Bedford, KY
    Posts
    8,992

    Re: 2012 Minor League Transactions

    If he could play SS, Pierre's numbers would rank among the top five SS in the game.
    "You can learn little from victory. You can learn everything from defeat."
    -- Christy Matthewson
    "Show me a good loser and I'll show you an idiot."
    -- Leo Durocher


Turn Off Ads?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25