Turn Off Ads?
Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Minor League Transactions

Re: 2012 Minor League Transactions

Between trading for Mills, demoting Rhinehart, and calling up Barnhart, Corcino, Lutz, and Hamilton, I think the Reds are putting a lot of effort into getting Pensacola into the playoffs for the second half.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    SS Hamilton
    CF LaMarre
    RF Smith
    1B Mills
    LF Lutz
    3B Vidal
    CA Barnhart
    2B Greene

Not bad. Every guy a fairly solid prspect except for Greene
    Greene is a bigger prospect than a couple of the guys you have listed here. He may not have a very high ceiling, but the Reds are high on him. He's seen by some as a surefire utility guy who could possibly handle an everyday second base gig on some teams.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Greene is a bigger prospect than a couple of the guys you have listed here. He may not have a very high ceiling, but the Reds are high on him. He's seen by some as a surefire utility guy who could possibly handle an everyday second base gig on some teams.
    I liked Greene as a utility guy, but between his performance this year and those of some ahead and behind him, I've kind of cooled on him with the Reds.

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    I liked Greene as a utility guy, but between his performance this year and those of some ahead and behind him, I've kind of cooled on him with the Reds.
    I guess if Eliott Johnson can get a start once a week with the Rays then there is hope for a guy like Greene.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Jose Ortiz reported to Arizona.

Danny Dorn was signed by the Tigers and sent to Toledo.

http://www.fantasysp.com/player/mlb/...ers-on-tuesday
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Danny Dorn was signed by the Tigers and sent to Toledo.

http://www.fantasysp.com/player/mlb/...ers-on-tuesday
    This is a good move for Detroit. They are trying to find a RF and are rotating Kelly/Rayburn/Boesch out there trying to find a guy that can produce and play defense. This is a good chance for Dorn and I wish him well. I think he has an opportunity to move up here if he can get a good start in Toledo.

Just learned Detroit released 1B Ryan Strieby in Toledo. This being the case, I'm guessing Dorn plays 1B for Toledo.

Felix Perez was activated from Louisville's disabled list following Todd Redmond's promotion to the bigs.

Stephen Hunt down to Bakersfield. Donald Lutz up to Pensacola.

Stephen Hunt was one cool dude.

Rhinehart back up to the Bats.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Between trading for Mills, demoting Rhinehart, and calling up Barnhart, Corcino, Lutz, and Hamilton, I think the Reds are putting a lot of effort into getting Pensacola into the playoffs for the second half.
    I think they are starting to work on the Bats a bit too with Redmond, Paul (although he's now in Cincy). I'll be interested to see how Walt deals with minor league FAs in the winter to fill holes at Louisville that promotions won't cover. I wouldn't think the Reds wouldn't want next year's promoted players playing in a losing atmosphere. There weren't any real prospect in Louisville this year so it didn't matter. The emphasis could be on Pensacola and Bakersfield. Or do you think they give a flip at all about that?

I'm another one wishing Dorn the best. Hopefully he at least gets a shot in the bigs before he's done.

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    I think they are starting to work on the Bats a bit too with Redmond, Paul (although he's now in Cincy). I'll be interested to see how Walt deals with minor league FAs in the winter to fill holes at Louisville that promotions won't cover. I wouldn't think the Reds wouldn't want next year's promoted players playing in a losing atmosphere. There weren't any real prospect in Louisville this year so it didn't matter. The emphasis could be on Pensacola and Bakersfield. Or do you think they give a flip at all about that?
    I think they do factor that in slightly, although the full development of players to play at the major league level is paramount. Don't you think minor league affiliates know that every now and then they're going to have a year where they take it on the chin (particularly after a sizable number of prospects are moved)?
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Quote Originally Posted by muddie View Post
    Just learned Detroit released 1B Ryan Strieby in Toledo. This being the case, I'm guessing Dorn plays 1B for Toledo.
    Hate to hear that about Strieby. He was a really good player at the Univeristy of Kentucky. I was hoping he could make it to the bigs one day.
    I do hope Dorn can make the Tigers. I always wondered why the Reds wouldn't give Dorn a shot with the big club? I thought he could have been a good platoon guy.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Turn Off Ads?