Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Minor League Transactions

Re: 2012 Minor League Transactions

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    Henry Rodriguez had all his stuff pack for Arizona tonight.
    Rehab assignment? Does he go back to Pensacola or Louisville once he's healthy?
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Fay tweeted the other day that Janish was closer than HRod at coming back and that neither was 'too close' or something like that. I would expect a few weeks at best before seeing him come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Rehab assignment? Does he go back to Pensacola or Louisville once he's healthy?
    Could be that he's heading out to the training facility to get some work in. Are they still doing "extended spring training" right now?
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

-The Insider-

The Cincinnati Reds have promoted left-handed pitcher Donnie Joseph to Triple-A Louisville. Joseph, 24, owns a .89 ERA with a 4-2 record in 26 games out of the Blue Wahoo's bullpen. He also had a 46/8 K/BB ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by cinreds21 View Post
    The Cincinnati Reds have promoted left-handed pitcher Donnie Joseph to Triple-A Louisville. Joseph, 24, owns a .89 ERA with a 4-2 record in 26 games out of the Blue Wahoo's bullpen. He also had a 46/8 K/BB ratio.
    Finally! Somebody in AAA who may actually be able to help this year.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Finally! Somebody in AAA who may actually be able to help this year.
    Villarreal could probably help if the opportunity arose for him.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Villarreal could probably help if the opportunity arose for him.
    Agreed. Forgot about him.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    That's correct. I'm guessing Wuertz takes the 25th spot any day now.
    Just remembered DatDudeWuertz today, anyone know if he's close to making his 2012 debut, be it at Louisville or lower? I would imagine he's still at EST.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Former Mudcat Brad Boxberger has been promoted to San Diego. He joins two other Mudcats there, Cameron Maybin and Yonder Alonzo.

Quote Originally Posted by muddie View Post
    Former Mudcat Brad Boxberger has been promoted to San Diego. He joins two other Mudcats there, Cameron Maybin and Yonder Alonzo.
    Isnt Grandal up there as well?

Quote Originally Posted by batsfan View Post
    Isnt Grandal up there as well?
    Grandal is with the Tucson Padres (AAA) sharing time with another former Mudcat catcher, Brad Davis.

Quote Originally Posted by muddie View Post
    I checked in on Boxberger. In his last 10 games he has a crazy stat line: 11.2ip, 5bb, 22K, 14h, 7er, 0 HR. How you strike out that many guys in that span and don't give up a home run but still allow 7 runs, I have no idea.

-The Insider-

Batsfan, Yas was up for a few days but was sent down earlier this week.

Brandon Dailey was sent to Billings. He has struggled lately, and the Mustangs were looking desperate for a second baseman anyway. James Ewing was sent down from Bakersfield to replace him. Speaking of Dayton, that's where Bill Bray has started his rehab assignment. Jason Christian, the Cincinnati native, was finally activated from the Blaze's disabled list. He hadn't played since early April. Following Donnie Joseph's promotion to Louisville, Mark Serrano was activated in Pensacola. I forgot to mention that Kanekoa Texeira was put on the disabled list (shoulder) in Louisville when Feierabend was officially assigned there.

This is just a little more info on the two Dutch players the Reds recently signed.
    http://www.mister-baseball.com/reds-...-select-draft/
    The Cincinnati Reds have inked two more Dutch players. Already in late May 19-year-old outfielder Aldrich Guzman got a minor league contract following his performance at the MLB European Academy tryout in Haarlem on April 27. He has played for the Euro Stars and the Tridents in the past. We already had received a tip about Guzman’s signing after his name popped up in Baseball America’s transaction list, but we initially couldn’t confirm the signing.

The second new Cincinnati Red is 18-year-old right-handed Ibrahim Redan. He is currently playing for the AamigoO ADO Lakers in the Dutch Hoofdklasse. In eight games (seven starts) he has an ERA of 5.92 with 20 strikeouts in 38 innings. Guzman and Redan are expected to make their professional debuts in the Arizona Summer League for the AZL Reds. The 2012 season in this Rookie league starts on June 20.

Turn Off Ads?