Turn Off Ads?
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Minor League Transactions

Re: 2012 Minor League Transactions

Mason Felt was placed on the 60-day disabled list (?). Aldi Guzman (from Dayton) and Ibrahin Redan were assigned to the AZL Reds. Mike Griffin was activated from Bakersfield's disabled list, and Chad Rogers was promoted to Pensacola. Devin Mesoraco was placed on the 7-day concussion disabled list, so Dioner Navarro will take his spot. Mike Costanzo was designated for assignment. Todd Redmond has yet to throw his first Major League pitch but was optioned back to Louisville again. Following yesterday's underwhelming trade, Jonathan Broxton was added to the roster.

edit:
    For more info on Guzman and Redan, you can check back to this post: http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2626529

2. Turn Off Ads?
    -The Insider-

Right-handed pitcher Brett Tomko was released.

Andrew Brackman passed through waivers and was assigned back to Bakersfield. Wilkin De La Rosa was finally activated from Pensacola's disabled list. Mike Costanzo also passed through waivers and was assigned to Louisville. In Louisville, Josh Judy, Brian Peacock, and Pedro Villarreal were activated from the disabled list.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

Outrighted: Brackman, Costanzo
    By Ben Nicholson-Smith [August 3 at 10:10am CST]
    The latest outright assignments from around MLB...

The Reds outrighted right-hander Andrew Brackman to Class A Bakersfield, according to the team's website. The Reds designated Brackman for assignment on the afternoon of the non-waiver trade deadline after he posted a 6.80 ERA with 6.8 K/9 and 6.1 BB/9 in 49 innings at Class A and Triple-A.
    The Reds outrighted third baseman Mike Costanzo to Triple-A Louisville, according to the team's website. The Reds designated Costanzo for assignment two days ago to create roster space for Dioner Navarro.

Ryan Wright was (finally) promoted to Bakersfield. He was the Dragons' best position player, so I'm sure they'll miss him. Unfortunately, Jefry Sierra returning from the disabled list isn't much consolation. James Ewing was placed on the disabled list for Bakersfield.

Nick Masset is continuing his rehab assignment in Louisville. Here's kind of an interesting story about how he got credited for starting a game without facing a batter.
    http://www.courier-journal.com/artic...t-Chad-Reineke

Looks like Amir Garrett is heading to Billings.

Looks like Amir Garrett is heading to Billings.
    Interesting. That's a nice promotion for him. Could be that the organization is trying to encourage/motivate him to see baseball as his future.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    That only works for a long period of time if he is good though. If he winds up being Juan Pierre, it might last three weeks. You trade him for Justin Upton and Upton goes 2011 on you? That puts more butts in the seats (of course it has to in order to make up the difference in pay) because it is going to lead to more winning.

I fully believe Hamilton is off limits though because of the PR machine that is. I wouldn't be actively trying to trade him by any means. But in the right kind of deal, he should be available.
    I agree with your point in general. If he comes up and can't hit .200.. he won't be a draw.. If he hits 250 and walks enough to steal 70+ bases? He'll be a draw, especially if he plays SS.

I'm deliberately using batting average, because I don't think the causal fan gets jazzed about OBP and advanced stats.
    Last edited by REDREAD; 08-08-2012 at 01:06 PM.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    Interesting. That's a nice promotion for him. Could be that the organization is trying to encourage/motivate him to see baseball as his future.
    I wonder if that means he starts in Dayton next year?

Stephenson-Travieso-Guillon-Langfield-Garrett could make a hell of a Midwest League rotation.
    Go BLUE!!!

Stephenson-Travieso-Guillon-Langfield-Garrett could make a hell of a Midwest League rotation.
    My guess is that it's more likely that Moscot, Romano and Cisco are in Dayton than Travieso or Garrett is. Probably Stephenson too, who is likely to be in high A.

Gabriel Rosa sent back to the Cactus Canini in Goodyear.

Neither Winker nor Vincej in the lineup tonight. Mustangs started the game off with back-to-back singles by Amaral and Dailey but nothing comes of it. Cisco loads the bases on two hits and a walk but wriggles out of trouble. He struck out two in the first.

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    My guess is that it's more likely that Moscot, Romano and Cisco are in Dayton than Travieso or Garrett is. Probably Stephenson too, who is likely to be in high A.
    Agree on Cisco over Garrett, and that Stephenson could be ticketed for High A. However disagree on Romano over Travieso. Romano is still very young and has struggled in Billings. Stephenson is more of an exception as a first round arm who started his second professional season in Rookie Ball. I'm not sure it happens again with Travieso, who is getting more professional experience in his first season than Stephenson did.

If I had to bet, I'd guess the most likely Dayton rotation to start the year would be Travieso-Guillon-Cisco-Langfield and either Stephenson or Moscot, with the two young lefties Garrett and Romano (three if you include Felt) beginning the year in extended until June.
    Go BLUE!!!

Garrett's twitter said something about one more week till back to the hardwood, so I am guessing it is just a taste of Dayton before he heads back to school.

Turn Off Ads?