Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Willie Harris

Willie Harris

I realize it's still early, but there has to be an available LH hitter better than Willie Harris. I guess he's this years version of Willie Tavaras, Corey Patterson, Edgar Renteria, etc. Any ideas?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Willie Harris

Quote Originally Posted by ptownred View Post
    I realize it's still early, but there has to be an available LH hitter better than Willie Harris. I guess he's this years version of Willie Tavaras, Corey Patterson, Edgar Renteria, etc. Any ideas?
    I would take Edgar over Willie in a heart beat...might even take Corey over him also...

This is the year

Willie Harris is Dustys worst creation yet.

Possibly even worse than corey patterson. Defnitely a worse career than corey patterson. So no upside what so ever. I have no idea how dusty managed to squeak him through to the roster without somebody slapping him.

It is clear that he is going to have to step it up, at least have an idea when you come to the plate. He is just going up there hacking - that's one thing if you have the potential to hit the ball out of the park, but Harris is not a home run hitter.

He'll be the first DFA of the season, imo - and unless he gives us something soon - that will be sooner rather than later.

.239 Career hitter is your LH hitter off the bench? I noticed Johnny Damon is still available. Wonder what it would take to sign him. I read that his agent stated he wanted to get in the neighborhood of 400AB's. Don't know if he would get that many with the Reds.

Him making the team out of spring training is the perfect example of Dusty's thought process or lack thereof.

Tom

I'd jump on the Johnny Damon bandwagon... What the heck, right?
    Harris is 0-7 this season and getting paid $800,000.00 for his services. It's ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    Him making the team out of spring training is the perfect example of Dusty's thought process or lack thereof.
    Hey Walt signed this guy...lets share the blame...

Quote Originally Posted by 1869's Original View Post
    Harris is 0-7 this season and getting paid $800,000.00 for his services. It's ridiculous.
    Damon is an OF and not very good one at this point, to replace Harris it would have to be with another IF...say I don't know like Todd Frazier...

0-7 is hardly the end of the world, and is about as small of a sample size as you can get. He's just a "meh" backup who's on the team because he's a lefty and can play basically every position but pitcher/catcher.

Quote Originally Posted by The DARK View Post
    0-7 is hardly the end of the world, and is about as small of a sample size as you can get. He's just a "meh" backup who's on the team because he's a lefty and can play basically every position but pitcher/catcher.

Dam the logic, full spleen ahead.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    Damon is an OF and not very good one at this point, to replace Harris it would have to be with another IF...say I don't know like Todd Frazier...
    Both Harris and Damon are left fielders
    Harris is a lifetime .239 hitter
    Damon is a career .286 hitter
    While Harris is four years younger, Damon has Series experience, and 9529 AB's to Harris' 2404. I think he'd be a great guy to have on the bench and plug in as a LF/CF/RF when someone needs a day off.

Both Harris and Damon are left fielders
    Harris is a lifetime .239 hitter
    Damon is a career .286 hitter
    While Harris is four years younger, Damon has Series experience, and 9529 AB's to Harris' 2404. I think he'd be a great guy to have on the bench and plug in as a LF/CF/RF when someone needs a day off.
    Damon couldn't hit a cutoff man to save himself right now. He has no arm left. Zero. CF? Is this a joke?

Harris might not be the answer, but if Damon were the answer, he would be on another team right now. He is done as anything other than a DH or perhaps 1B. I think we have a decent first baseman right now and no need of a DH.

Damon works the count too much to be on the Reds. I'd like to have him on the bench....the guy is a winner that gets it...few of those guys never hurts.

Compact contact swing....works the count....been there done that...still hungry....I'd love to see him a Red.

Again, Damon has absolutely zero value as a defender. Scratch that - decided to check on Baseballreference.com. He had a -43 in in defensive runs saved against average. To put that in perspective, Adam Dunn's last full year as a leftfielder for the Reds was -17.

The Reds can't carry a bat on the bench who they can use for one pinch hitting appearance per game. Damon makes Dunn look like Brooks Robinson in left field.

Turn Off Ads?