Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Willie Harris

Quote Originally Posted by RedsfaninMT View Post
    Again, Damon has absolutely zero value as a defender. Scratch that - decided to check on Baseballreference.com. He had a -43 in in defensive runs saved against average. To put that in perspective, Adam Dunn's last full year as a leftfielder for the Reds was -17.

The Reds can't carry a bat on the bench who they can use for one pinch hitting appearance per game. Damon makes Dunn look like Brooks Robinson in left field.
    Ok. You telling me we couldn't have Damon for Willie Harris? Cairo and Valdez can cover the IF. Does baseball reference have any measurements on how this guy who can't play defense at all and is a sabermetric nightmare on offense helps his team to the postseason almost every year?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    Damon is an OF and not very good one at this point, to replace Harris it would have to be with another IF...say I don't know like Todd Frazier...
    Yep. Love this post.

Re: Willie Harris

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Ok. You telling me we couldn't have Damon for Willie Harris? Cairo and Valdez can cover the IF. Does baseball reference have any measurements on how this guy who can't play defense at all and is a sabermetric nightmare on offense helps his team to the postseason almost every year?
    I didn't say he was a nightmare on offense. I maintain the Reds can't afford a guy who will bat once per every 2 or 3 games. I agree with the perceding poster - bring up Frazier.

Fred Lewis??? He is out there...

he will be starting at SS and leading off before you know it he's dusty's boy........I really can't stand dusty I hate to say it but I hope the Reds lose 10 in a row fire dusty and win the whole thing

Let the kids play!

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    Him making the team out of spring training is the perfect example of Dusty's thought process or lack thereof.
    You do understand that Walt is the one who picks the roster not Dusty, right?

I transcend race, hombre LaFlamaBlanca's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joe51391 View Post
    he will be starting at SS and leading off before you know it he's dusty's boy........I really can't stand dusty I hate to say it but I hope the Reds lose 10 in a row fire dusty and win the whole thing
    You're actively rooting against the Reds, hoping Dusty gets fired.. because he's given Willie Harris 7 ABs in 4 games? Some of the anti-Dusty sentiment is unbelievable. Harris is a utility player, on a bench full of them. How is that his/Dusty's fault?

I think there are no-handed hitters out there better than Willie Harris.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

This guy Willie Harris should be delivering pizzas somewhere. Heisey can be your guy off the bench who hits righties as his numbers show, and promote Todd Frazier, who earned a spot on the team in the spring, to be your utility guy.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SidneySlicker View Post
    This guy Willie Harris should be delivering pizzas somewhere. Heisey can be your guy off the bench who hits righties as his numbers show, and promote Todd Frazier, who earned a spot on the team in the spring, to be your utility guy.
    Ya cant do that. We have to have a washed up veteran on the team that cant hit a ball out of a phone booth.

I just read that Johnny Damon signed with the Indians

Quote Originally Posted by ptownred View Post
    I just read that Johnny Damon signed with the Indians
    Good for him.

This is the year

Quote Originally Posted by Birdman007 View Post
    You do understand that Walt is the one who picks the roster not Dusty, right?

Your kidding right.

You think corey patterson had nothing to do with dusty? And now you think willie harris has nothign to do with dusty. Get real. Fact is walt comes to dusty and says who do you think should be in. Dusty says dusty pleads hard for his "Project Guy" for the year. And walt gives it to him.

And good god i didnt know we were paying him 800k a year. That makes me want to pull my hair out. Unbelievable a guy like that makes that kind of money.

Just to throw more stats around about this guy.

He played 135 games in 2010 for the nationals. He bat a whopping .183 avg.

Now, now, how many at bats has he had thus far? The guy was solid last season with the horrid Mets. Let's give him a shot. He's only a backup and provides some veteran leadership.

This is the year

Quote Originally Posted by jwmann2 View Post
    Now, now, how many at bats has he had thus far? The guy was solid last season with the horrid Mets. Let's give him a shot. He's only a backup and provides some veteran leadership.
    veteran leadership. Have you seen the guy? I would say hes far from a leader. I know i wouldnt listen to a word the guy said

Turn Off Ads?