Turn Off Ads?

Thread: VGA to HDMI / Component Video Converters

VGA to HDMI / Component Video Converters

Has anyone had much success using these converters to display their computer screens on a flat-screen TV?

I'm considering buying a new TV soon, and the one I have my eye on does not have a PC input slot. I watch a lot of shows using my laptop connected right to the TV, so I need some way to be able to do that.

I know I've heard stories about converter boxes not working very well and possibly screwing up the image once it gets to the TV.

If anyone could provide some insight I would appreciate it a bunch.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Nerdvana Annihilation

Re: VGA to HDMI / Component Video Converters

I have never used VGA to HDMI but I have done DVI to HDMI, You would just need one of those adapters for the VGA. (comes with most video cards)

I have this cord
    http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

Works great, I play the sound through my surround sound system hooked up to my computer

Monoprice is great place to get cords for that kind of stuff.

I tried one of the converters before (USB to HDMI) it worked well with just displaying desktop stuff but running videos it would delay.
    Last edited by code; 04-12-2012 at 04:40 PM.

Re: VGA to HDMI / Component Video Converters

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    Has anyone had much success using these converters to display their computer screens on a flat-screen TV?

I'm considering buying a new TV soon, and the one I have my eye on does not have a PC input slot. I watch a lot of shows using my laptop connected right to the TV, so I need some way to be able to do that.

I know I've heard stories about converter boxes not working very well and possibly screwing up the image once it gets to the TV.

If anyone could provide some insight I would appreciate it a bunch.
    What outputs do you have on the computer? Can't you just do HDMI to HDMI?

Turn Off Ads?