Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Another Lineup Argument

Another Lineup Argument

I can't stand seeing Rolen / Ludwick in the 4 hole every game and watching them fail in that mismatched role. I know Dusty doesn't like hit Bruce and Votto back to back but I see out lineup as much more potent if we do:

DatDude
    Cozart
    Votto
    Bruce
    Rolen
    Ludwick / Heisey
    Stubbs (although I still maintain hope he could leadoff and DatDude could hit 5)
    Mezo / Hannigan

C'mon Dusty start your best lineup and don't worry so much about staggering LH & RH.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Another Lineup Argument

Quote Originally Posted by jhu1321 View Post
    I can't stand seeing Rolen / Ludwick in the 4 hole every game and watching them fail in that mismatched role. I know Dusty doesn't like hit Bruce and Votto back to back but I see out lineup as much more potent if we do:

DatDude
    Cozart
    Votto
    Bruce
    Rolen
    Ludwick / Heisey
    Stubbs (although I still maintain hope he could leadoff and DatDude could hit 5)
    Mezo / Hannigan

C'mon Dusty start your best lineup and don't worry so much about staggering LH & RH.
    I'd be on board with Bruce 4 at this point as well. For that matter, I'd probably move Rolen down even further than 5. I don't think it's a big deal though either way. The ordering of the hitters is the least of our potential issues.

I hate the idea of moving BP down and Stubbs up primarily because BP is just so much more productive and you're costing him too many AB's moving him down. Plus, he seems to hit better up there for whatever reason.

Failing to bat Bruce fourth against righthanded starting pitching is indefensible and utterly moronic. In other words it's classic Crusty Baker reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by jhu1321 View Post

DatDude
    Cozart
    Votto
    Bruce
    Rolen
    Ludwick / Heisey
    Mezo / Hannigan

I like the way it's being done. You switch up Bruce and Votto and the pitches they see are completely different. How about Heisey in center field and Stubbs on the bench? I like that even better.

Quit crying.....you cannot bat lefty, lefty in the middle of the order or the world will implode!

Not even the great Ruth and Gehrig were back to back......oops

stubbs should bat 9th.

Quote Originally Posted by R_Webb18 View Post
    stubbs should bat 9th.
    For Louisville

I wonder how productive the lineup would be with Bruce hitting 2nd, Cozart 3rd and Votto batting clean up? It would work with Baker's Lefty/Lefty paranoia...but would also mean Votto getting less at bats. but BP/Bruce/Cozart/Votto could still be pretty damn productive.

I'll admit that BP/Cozart/Votto/Bruce makes the most sense. Once BP gets on base, there's not a pitcher in baseball that wouldn't be sweating.

I would like for Dusty to at least try hitting Bruce 4th for a few games. He needs to switch things up a bit to get the offense going. The pitching has been good thus far, and the offense has let us down. Rolen would be a good 7 spot hitter, and I agree with Stubbs riding some pine for the time being. For whatever reason I think Stubbs and Bailey need a change of scenery.

Quote Originally Posted by DGullett35 View Post
    I would like for Dusty to at least try hitting Bruce 4th for a few games. He needs to switch things up a bit to get the offense going. The pitching has been good thus far, and the offense has let us down. Rolen would be a good 7 spot hitter, and I agree with Stubbs riding some pine for the time being. For whatever reason I think Stubbs and Bailey need a change of scenery.
    Agreed. I still have hope for Stubbs but Bailey needs the change and we have a better option in Chapman. Once Massett gets healthy it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Turn Off Ads?