Turn Off Ads?
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Reds @ Nationals 4/12/12

Re: Reds @ Nationals 4/12/12

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    With the state of our bullpen, I'm pretty sure it was do or die that inning with that guy. Not gonna manage your bullpen like it's the World Series in the beginning of April.

But yeah, he shouldn't be on the team. Call up someone and see what they got, can't be any worse than him.
    Answer this then. Why even get Bray up and get him ready if you have no intention of using him? That is senseless.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I think Dusty was worried this game was going to go a long ways and didn't want to limit any relief pitcher to just a few batters. I also think Bray is not 100% right now and can't pitch to more than one or two guys. That would have resulted in a 15 inning game with Marshal being the only guy left.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    I think Dusty was worried this game was going to go a long ways and didn't want to limit any relief pitcher to just a few batters. I also think Bray is not 100% right now and can't pitch to one or more guys. That would have resulted in a 15 inning game with Marshal being the only guy left.
    Once again then, why even get Bray ready? If Bray can only pitch to a batter or two this seemed like the perfect time. It makes no sense to get pitchers ready if you aren't going to use them.

Does anyone think if we have bad streak coming up here Bob has Dusty hit the road??

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Answer this then. Why even get Bray up and get him ready if you have no intention of using him? That is senseless.
    When did Bray get up? If he got up in the middle of that inning I have no idea...makes zero sense. I figured he'd be our 11th inning guy, then Marshall in the 12th...then Wilson Valdez???

At the end of the day we lost because of our offense...again.

On television they showed Bray in the bullpen standing on the mound just holding the ball, ready to come in.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Sad thing is, we've only played 7 games and this bunch has already beaten the ability to give a crap right out of me. I'm not even mad right now. I'm more entertained by this organization's ineptness.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    Sad thing is, we've only played 7 games and this bunch has already beaten the ability to give a crap right out of me. I'm not even mad right now. I'm more entertained by this organization's ineptness.

Here Here

Without Ondrusek and Chapman we were kinda screwed if it got deep into our bullpen regardless. There has to be someone in Louisville better than Simon.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Without Ondrusek and Chapman we were kinda screwed if it got deep into our bullpen regardless. There has to be someone in Louisville better than Simon.
    There has to be someone in my living room better than Creamy Alfredo.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Once again then, why even get Bray ready? If Bray can only pitch to a batter or two this seemed like the perfect time. It makes no sense to get pitchers ready if you aren't going to use them.
    Can't answer that. Bottom line: We lost this game because of Gio Gonzalez.

Ideally Ondrusek would've pitched where Lecure did, then we coulda given the ball to Sam for 3-4 innings at the end if we had to. None of our starters are giving us innings, and the result is a limited bullpen already. Not to mention this is the start of a 10 game in 11 days road trip.

If our starters would do their job we'd be in better shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Can't answer that. Bottom line: We lost this game because of Gio Gonzalez.
    3-4 isn't the end of the world. But this club is frustrating to watch/listen to.

And this also means we're gonna need 7 out of Arroyo tomorrow...even if he gets hit around. Let's hope he's up to it.

My dad used to say you can't worry about the 11th (or whatever) inning if you can't get to it. Worry about the inning your in. I agree.

Turn Off Ads?