Turn Off Ads?
Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Reds @ Nationals 4/12/12

Re: Reds @ Nationals 4/12/12

If you are in the 10th and you are worrying about the 12th or 13th. That is crazy.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    3-4 isn't the end of the world. But this club is frustrating to watch/listen to.
    Baseball's a frustrating game. Big positives: Middle relief pitching, I like the way Meseraco looks, Valdez will help. We played hard.

Negatives- Latos may be another Masset- all the stuff in the world but dumb as a stump.

And hire a shrink for Stubbs. He looks like a beaten man when he walks to the plate. No confidence or plan at all.

I actually agree with Dusty when it comes to Stubbs. Swing at the first fastball you see.

Well on the road you know you will always need to pitch one more inning. We had Marshall and Bray. I don't think they want to have Bray come back out after a half inning to pitch again, so using him woulda meant Marshall in the 11th and then who knows what.

I get playing for the moment, but you don't wanna run outta pitchers that soon either.

In the end it might not be terrible that we lost. We saw what a crazy extra inning game does at the start of a long road trip last year in Philly. I think it took us a month to really recover from it.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    If you are in the 10th and you are worrying about the 12th or 13th. That is crazy.
    6 of one 1/2 a dozen of the other. Remember the San Diego Aaron Harang game? Remember the Valdez Phillie game? I think both games knocked the pen out for a few weeks. You've got to look at the big picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    In the end it might not be terrible that we lost. We saw what a crazy extra inning game does at the start of a long road trip last year in Philly. I think it took us a month to really recover from it.
    Great minds think alike. I'm the biggest left/righty per centage guy who ever lived but I won't secong guess baker on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Great minds think alike. I'm the biggest left/righty per centage guy who ever lived but I won't secong guess baker on this one.
    If you are going with Simon, do or die, for a couple innings why are you getting other pitchers ready? There was a mistake one way or the other. Especially with a runner on third and Noodles has no idea where the ball is going.

I want to go out and buy Dusty's book on hitting. Maybe Stubbs should. http://www.amazon.com/You-Teach-Hitt...dpp_dusty_11er

I picked this team to win 94 games. Not feeling too good about that right about now.

If the game was going more than 15 innings the Reds were screwed either way. I would have liked to have seen the heart of the Reds lineup get a crack at it in the 11th. But if you are worried about the 19th inning when you are in the 10th inning, I don't know what to say. If you are worried about the 13th inning in the 10th I don't agree with that philosophy. Get through the 10th and let Votto, Rolen and Bruce have a shot at winning the game.

Quite a poor effort from Latos again. His final number understate his struggles.

What an awful season so far. Definitely an F grade, do we have the worst offense in baseball? Disgusting

Dusty is typically awful in extras......I think last year he pitched 3 of the worst bullpen guys we had in the 10th-14th and saved Chapman or one of the hot relievers for the save in the 15th....go from best to worst from 10th on with whatever you have left.

Turn Off Ads?