Turn Off Ads?
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627

Thread: Reds @ Nationals 4/12/12

Kingpin.....what is your deal with Zimmerman?

The worst defensive player you've ever seen? That opinion right there makes your opinion of his defensive abilities null and void.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds @ Nationals 4/12/12

I was surprised how poorly Zimmerman played a couple of those balls. I thought he was supposed to be much better than that. He did make a fine play on Ludwick.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    I was surprised how poorly Zimmerman played a couple of those balls. I thought he was supposed to be much better than that. He did make a fine play on Ludwick.
    Agree....he didn't get it done on those plays. Scott Rolen is the best 3rd baseman I've got to watch and he is still one of the very best today.....Opening Day in Cincy he missed the world's easiest play in the first inning (you had to laugh it was so bad)....2 innings later Votto bailed him out of another error on an easy play.

I've only watched Zimmerman in maybe 40-50 games but he's one of the very few that can make those "Rolen" plays....I could trust a knowledgable full-time Nats fan a little more....but Zimmerman at worst is an above average third baseman.....IMO the 2nd best.

Re: Reds @ Nationals 4/12/12

Alfredo Simon started a number of games for Baltimore, so the more I think about it the pitching order should have been Bray in the 10th. Marshall in the 11th and 12th. And Simon pulls a Carlos Fisher and pitches until he drops. If push came to shove put Valdez on the mound and Cairo goes to second. But hindsight is 20/20 and all that.

Turn Off Ads?