Turn Off Ads?
Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Day Game Again 1:05 start; Thursday 4.12.12 Reds @ Nationals

Re: Day Game Again 1:05 start; Thursday 4.12.12 Reds @ Nationals

Anyone see if the rookie catcher had a shot at stopping that? I couldn't tell.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'm still stunned that the guy the Orioles cut isn't very good. Never saw that coming.

So a lot of things are said on Redszone. However, I am still scratching my head that giving up 2 runs in 5 innings is unacceptable for a starting pitcher on April 12.

I don't get that one.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Anyone see if the rookie catcher had a shot at stopping that? I couldn't tell.
    That was a terrible pitch. He threw it right into the ground. Mes had no shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake View Post
    Dusty will use his closer on occasion to get him work but lets please not act like he ever brings him in in a spot like this.
    My point was not to defend Marshall not being pitched there, but rather pointing out the fact that what was being claimed was not true. I would disagree with your use of the qualifying "ever," as he did one rare occasions do that with Cordero.

I'm not enamored with Simon thus far, so I think bringing Marshall in would have been fine, but I'd prefer our gripes be fact based, IMO.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

This loss is on Walt and Dusty. Dusty for his poor bullpen management, Walt for not giving Dusty any bench strength.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    So instead of bringing in the Bray for the lefty OR walking the lefty and let Simon face the righty, you let Simon face the lefty?

Whaaat?
    If you aren't going to bring him in to face a lefty, why even have him warm up?

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    This loss is on Walt and Dusty. Dusty for his poor bullpen management, Walt for not giving Dusty any bench strength.
    Scoring might help.
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    My point was not to defend Marshall not being pitched there, but rather pointing out the fact that what was being claimed was not true. I would disagree with your use of the qualifying "ever," as he did one rare occasions do that with Cordero.

I'm not enamored with Simon thus far, so I think bringing Marshall in would have been fine, but I'd prefer our gripes be fact based, IMO.
    I've tried defending Dusty but at some point it becomes impossible and 7 games in I think its clearly impossible. If the offense is hitting its much easier to hide his stupidity but right now he just makes everything worse.

Dusty didn't throw a 58 foot pitch with a runner on third.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc View Post
    If you aren't going to bring him in to face a lefty, why even have him warm up?
    I hope to God none of the reporters ask Dusty that question. You know he doesn't like it when people ask questions like that!

No reason to bring Simon (mop up man) in on a tie game until you've exhausted every other option.. Geez, this is absurd.. I guess this is the the first of many games lost due to the ripple effect of Madson getting hurt..
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake View Post
    I'm still stunned that the guy the Orioles cut isn't very good. Never saw that coming.
    Hahaha, that one got a loud snort from me.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

Nothing quite like losing a game on a wild pitch. Especially when the manager is seeing quite clearly that his pitcher is lacking control.

Even so, the offense has GOT to start doing something on a consistent basis.

Quote Originally Posted by powersackers View Post
    Dusty didn't throw a 58 foot pitch with a runner on third.
    He decided the let the guy with no control "pitch around" a guy with the winning run on 3rd.

Turn Off Ads?