Cairo 5
    Heisey 7
    Stubbs 8
    Mesoraco 2
    Bailey 1

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Re: Reds vs. Nationals Saturday 4/14

I have no desire to watch this game, but I still will.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Votto then Bruce???? WTF Now we have no chance in the 7th inning!!!

Stubbs will be trying to continue the worst offensive series in the history of baseball.

At some point down the road it'd be nice if Mesoraco is the RH bat we can break Bruce and Votto up with. Right now I like the move...I almost wouldn't mind hitting Bruce 3rd and Votto 4th either. And lol Willie Harris leading off...BP needs to get healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Votto then Bruce???? WTF Now we have no chance in the 7th inning!!!

Stubbs will be trying to continue the worst offensive series in the history of baseball.
    Actually, no. Reggie Sanders's 1995 NLCS performance takes the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    At some point down the road it'd be nice if Mesoraco is the RH bat we can break Bruce and Votto up with. Right now I like the move...I almost wouldn't mind hitting Bruce 3rd and Votto 4th either. And lol Willie Harris leading off...BP needs to get healthy.
    Votto is getting paid 250 million. No sense in having him hit 4th if it gives him an extra AB a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Votto is getting paid 250 million. No sense in having him hit 4th if it gives him an extra AB a game.
    It wouldn't be an extra at bat a game unless the #3 hitter made the final offensive out every game of the season. It might result in 30 more plate appearances over the entire season.

But I agree....Votto bats 3rd

Matt Kemp would be a nice #4 hitter for us. They should trade the Dodgers Stubbs straight up.....give em Homer if Magic plays hardball. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    It wouldn't be an extra at bat a game unless the #3 hitter made the final offensive out every game of the season. It might result in 30 more plate appearances over the entire season.

But I agree....Votto bats 3rd

Matt Kemp would be a nice #4 hitter for us. They should trade the Dodgers Stubbs straight up.....give em Homer if Magic plays hardball. Lol
    Over a whole season, 1 spot in the order does make a difference.

You said one at bat a game.....162 extra at bats is very wrong.

I agree it makes a difference and I agree Votto should hit 3rd.

At the game, take 2. Only made it 12 last night, had to get the little one home before it went another 12. Can Homer win one? Can our offense score the required 7 runs it may take? I'm not holding my breath.
    Is it "next season" yet?

This stadium is like Petco East so Homer should throw a good game. At some point the offense has to be able to put three or four runs on the board. The odds are in the Reds' favor this afternnoon.

I can't believe Stubbs is in the lineup. You could see how frustrated he was in his last AB last night. This can't be good for him (or the team). He needs to sit a couple of games for his own good as much as the good of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    I can't believe Stubbs is in the lineup. You could see how frustrated he was in his last AB last night. This can't be good for him (or the team). He needs to sit a couple of games for his own good as much as the good of the team.
    This seems obvious to every person except for the one person filling out the lineup card.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    he just needs to learn how to hit

Willie Harris leads off with hard smash to Espinosa.
    Cozart flies to right on the first pitch.
    Espinosa has Votto played perfectly and throws him out.

Reds' hacktastic offense sees all of seven pitches in the first. I can still hear the final echoes of The Star-Spangled Banner reverberating in the stadium's upper decks.
    Last edited by texasdave; 04-14-2012 at 04:11 PM.

Turn Off Ads?