Turn Off Ads?
Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344 LastLast

Thread: 4/13/2012 Reds vs Nats

Re: 4/13/2012 Reds vs Nats

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan View Post
    That Brook Jacoby continues to have a job after last year and the start of this year is criminal.
    Probably the place to start the change.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Reds averaging 2.75 runs per game so far this season. Opposition is averaging 3.75. Not exciting baseball, so the next time a thread appears on attendance, who wants to watch this? Not me. And to think that maybe we would have won if not for a poor managerial decision.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

But don't worry, that offensive outburst/fluke is coming soon. We will score 15 runs in one game, it will pad everyone's stats and Dusty will be safe to pull another starter with only 94 pitches, who seems to get stronger as the game goes along. Only to see the entire bullpen used up for no reason.

Positives: Simon looked a little better. Harris got a hit as did Ludwick. Votto is still awesome.

Negatives: Too many to list here. Shorthand version- CF, 3B and bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Paging Terry Francona. Would Terry Francona please pick up the white courtesy phone?
    Perhaps a silver lining to being 10 under .500 on June 1

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cbowen2112 View Post
    But don't worry, that offensive outburst/fluke is coming soon. We will score 15 runs in one game, it will pad everyone's stats and Dusty will be safe to pull another starter with only 94 pitches, who seems to get stronger as the game goes along. Only to see the entire bullpen used up for no reason.
    Arroyo hasn't gotten stronger as the game has gone along since some point in 2010.

I would usually agree with wanting anyone who has won in here after Dusty. But, not thanks to Titto. Too many problems in Beantown and not enough money here to win for him. He was a product of ownership's ability to put together a winning squad. Does this really look like one to you this year?

I see a 8-12 start. Not good.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Arroyo hasn't gotten stronger as the game has gone along since some point in 2010.
    Did you watch the outing tonight? They were chasing the slider away, away, away in the last few innings he pitched. Even the Nats radio guys were saying, thank you Dusty for taking Arroyo out. He could have at least went 8 tonight.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Did you watch the outing tonight? They were chasing the slider away, away, away in the last few innings he pitched. Even the Nats radio guys were saying, thank you Dusty for taking Arroyo out. He could have at least went 8 tonight.
    Or maybe he gives up 4 runs before the 8th inning is over.

I wasn't watching then, I'll accept your point, but for several years Arroyo has faded badly after ninety pitches. Tonight may have been different, maybe he was "on", but it's always risky to leave him in too long.

Look, the bottom line is you have to score some runs. This team has pitched pretty well, it just doesn't score.

Poorly constructed offense built around tons of average righty hitters, some below average. One guy couldn't make contact with an oversized tennis racquet.

And when Arroyo hit the wall and blew the lead fans would have been all over Dusty for not pulling him. One thing you can definitively say about Baker is he listens to his players; I strongly suspect Arroyo indicated he was about done.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    I wasn't watching then, I'll accept your point, but for several years Arroyo has faded badly after ninety pitches. Tonight may have been different, maybe he was "on", but it's always risky to leave him in too long.

Look, the bottom line is you have to score some runs. This team has pitched pretty well, it just doesn't score.

Poorly constructed offense built around tons of average righty hitters, some below average. One guy couldn't make contact with an oversized tennis racquet.
    Ditto. I've been a Jocketty fan but I'm starting to ratchet down my grade for him. Problems with the lineup are the same we've had for several years: no lead-off hitter, no real 4 hitter (at least as long as Dusty refuses to use Votto and Bruce back to back), way unbalanced to the right hand side. He just has made no progress on these obvious problems.

I can't put this one on Dusty's head. They could have played 20 innings and the Reds wouldn't have scored.

Ludwig's butchering of the Nady HR didn't help.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Rolen has transformed into Paul Janish right in front of our eyes.
    Heck, so has the entire lineup. This is pathetic
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

Janish currently has a 1.008 OPS. We could use him.

Turn Off Ads?