Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just face it, We need better players

Just face it, We need better players

Position players we need now......LF that can hit, 3B that can hit, C that can hit, CF that can hit, bench players that can hit. Please, anyone that can hit.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Just face it, We need better players

Agree 100%

Painful so far this year. I could hardly watch knowing we had no chance to score unless big 19 did something.

ill be surprised if we win 80 games. what a dissapointment this season will be but i could see this coming with how bad the offense was going to be

Everyone jumping off the bandwagon already? Cmon guys! We're 8 games in!! We've played some of the best teams in the league, without being at full strength. 3-5 isn't the end of the world in a 162 game season.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ownagedood View Post
    Everyone jumping off the bandwagon already? Cmon guys! We're 8 games in!! We've played some of the best teams in the league, without being at full strength. 3-5 isn't the end of the world in a 162 game season.
    Completely agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Completely agree.
    Yep. Team hitting slumps are hard to take during a season, especially when they happen to start of the season. That being said they happen to EVERY mlb team. They'll snap out of it. That's not to say this team is built perfectly, because they aren't. They aren't as bad as they've been playing though. Very encouraging the way Arroyo has pitched this year. That may be as encouraging to me as discouraging as the offense has been this season so far.

Let's calm down. Our BAbip is .236. That simply won't last. It will get closer to the .297 it was last year.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

part of BBN

The 3-5 record doesnt bother me as much as all teams go thru stretches like this. I would feel alot better though about our imporvement chances if we had a good bench. Get a guy like Frazier and another good sub on the bench and I will feel a little better about it.

I don't think the Angels last place and 2-5 record reflects much of anything any more than the Orioles first place 4-3 record does. The Pirates were in first fairly late in the season last year.

I will grant that is has been a frustrating start, but there is no chance that Hannigan, Heisey, Rolen are going to hit sub-.200 the whole season. The team's OBP is .268, its average just above .200. This same team (basically) on the field the last two years has hit the ball pretty danged well. They will again. To me the encouraging thing is that the Reds are 3-5 DESPITE playing as poorly as they have.
    Last edited by RedsfaninMT; 04-14-2012 at 12:52 PM.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Oh, its 8 games in and the team is slumping, the season is over, we cant win now,too far back. Trade everyone......fire dusty.....fire the gm.......hell fire the owner!!!!!

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

It has been Overreaction City here lately.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Yeah, I would hate to see half these peoples home life.....arguement with the wifey.....call the lawyers....DIVORCE!!!

It's quite predictable that the Reds will win the World Series in three games.

I transcend race, hombre LaFlamaBlanca's Avatar

Would anyone argue that having Willie Harris, Wilson Valdez, and Miguel Cairo on the same roster is largely pointless? Why is 3 mediocre utility players better than one? I'd think anyone would be hard pressed to argue we need a talent influx for the bench.

Turn Off Ads?