Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Why was Rolen playing on the grass

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Why was Rolen playing on the grass

against Espinosa?

That would have been a routine out if he's playing back.

Cost the Reds the game.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Why was Rolen playing on the grass

bunt?

Na The game was lost by not using Chapman in the 8th instead of Bray, You know the guy Dusty says is still having his spring training. Makes perfect sense to use him in a one run game with Chapman ready to go. sigh!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by redram View Post
    Na The game was lost by not using Chapman in the 8th instead of Bray, You know the guy Dusty says is still having his spring training. Makes perfect sense to use him in a one run game with Chapman ready to go. sigh!!!!!
    Wrong. The game was lost due to the inability of the offense to generate anything productive.

Quote Originally Posted by Who Dey Time View Post
    Wrong. The game was lost due to the inability of the offense to generate anything productive.
    This.

The concerns of Redzoners--lack of left-handed bats, inconsistent offense--appear to be, at least for now, manifesting themselves.

The question:

Will the concerns be addressed from within the organization or from seeking outside help?
    "I have just been more than a little suspect of all the trades since the Willy (Scott Williamson) cash grab. That one left such a bad taste in my mouth that even a 1985 Dom Pérignon couldn't cleanse it." -- Creek14

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    against Espinosa?

That would have been a routine out if he's playing back.

Cost the Reds the game.
    In my 25+ years of actively watching baseball Scott Rolen is one of the very last players I would ever question on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Who Dey Time View Post
    The offense stinks I agree however THIS game could still have been won had we used Chapman in the 8th. Sure more runs is what we need every game, but THIS game was lost by not using Chapman when he should have been used.

Why not? I aced a physics exam on grass once.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldez View Post
    Why not? I aced a physics exam on grass once.
    Did you take the exam on grass or did you take the exam "on" grass?

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    In my 25+ years of actively watching baseball Scott Rolen is one of the very last players I would ever question on defense.
    Agreed.

Reds lost this game by not scoring.

Turn Off Ads?