Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds vs. Nationals Saturday 4/14

Re: Reds vs. Nationals Saturday 4/14

My God, I have never seen a Reds team come out hitting like this. Just awful, I mean bad.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    I transcend race, hombre LaFlamaBlanca's Avatar

66 pitches through 7 IP for Jackson. Just a complete and utter joke.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rage View Post
    Yeah, if he pitches another inning. Dude looked gassed in the 2nd.
    Thus far you've alleged he had dead arm despite him throwing 95+ with good movement on his breaking ball. Now he was gassed in the 2nd.

You're 0-2 today. But on a positive note that could land you a spot in this lineup.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Seriously - I am on hold with my cable company right now to see if I can cancel my extra innings subscription after this month ends. I do not want to pay any more of my hard-earned money to watch this crap.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

well the reds have scored 11 more runs than the pirates. (ouch)

Quote Originally Posted by Who Dey Time View Post
    Thus far you've alleged he had dead arm despite him throwing 95+ with good movement on his breaking ball. Now he was gassed in the 2nd.

You're 0-2 today. But on a positive note that could land you a spot in this lineup.
    95 in the first, bleh after that. Like I said, if he has deadarm, that would be on Dusty's shoulders. He just tanked and labored the rest of the game.

I have been urging patience, but the Reds HAVE to do something. The lineup today was a complete joke. The Reds have zero bench. They are not making any pitcher work deep into a count. Two years ago when this team had a dominant offense, it seemed they worked pitchers hard. They took pitches. So why the change in philosophy?

It can't help when Dusty tells Stubbs to swing early in the count so he doesn't get down two strikes. That philosophy seems to be in play by the entire team.

Time to make a move, at the very least to send a message. And Dusty needs to stop with the "I give the player one more extra days rest." Nonsense. Get them in there.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rage View Post
    95 in the first, bleh after that. Like I said, if he has deadarm, that would be on Dusty's shoulders. He just tanked and labored the rest of the game.
    His only issue today was control. Arm was fine. I thought he battled pretty well.

I think you'd take 6IP 3 ER in most of his starts. Sure he's capable of better but he wasn't bad by any stretch.

LOL, 52 "strikes" on 66 pitches for Jackson

I wouldn't be surprised if Jacoby lost his job before this road trip ended. Well unless we make serious changes which seems unlikely.

For all the moaning and groaning Bailey actually gave a solid effort today.
    3 runs in 6 innings in this stadium is not a solid effort. No matter how much you want it to be.

Eight more pitches, 16 in a row taking a seat in the dugout.

His only issue today was control. Arm was fine. I thought he battled pretty well.

I think you'd take 6IP 3 ER in most of his starts. Sure he's capable of better but he wasn't bad by any stretch.
    He is capable of much better. He and Latos are starting out quite slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Jacoby lost his job before this road trip ended. Well unless we make serious changes which seems unlikely.
    Needs to happen, but this team has always been sooo slow to make that kind of move. Of course now they have three-hundred million more reasons to do it.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

I'm done. Goodbye.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Turn Off Ads?