Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bailey

Bailey

Is it me or does he look like a completely different (much worse) pitcher out of the stretch.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    He just doesn't have "it"

His stuff is there but it just doesn't matter. Him slowing down to glacier speed rarely works.

Re: Bailey

He throws hard but it looks straight as an arrow to me, I really think he needs to go to the bullpen and work as a set up man.
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by jhu1321 View Post
    Is it me or does he look like a completely different (much worse) pitcher out of the stretch.
    Nope, he just is struggling today. Much worse start than his first, when he had that rusty first inning that went wild but was pretty good after that. He just is struggling, ala Latos. 4 seamer ain't doing what he wants.

The first inning they went fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    He throws hard but it looks straight as an arrow to me, I really think he needs to go to the bullpen and work as a set up man.
    He isn't throwing that hard. Bailey doesn't get his movement from tail but from speed. It is why when he throws 94-98 he just turns into a different pitcher.

He actually is close today, which may be "hurting" him in the short range, but he definitely is not there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rage View Post
    He isn't throwing that hard. Bailey doesn't get his movement from tail but from speed. It is why when he throws 94-98 he just turns into a different pitcher.

He actually is close today, which may be "hurting" him in the short range, but he definitely is not there yet.
    He was consistently 94 today.

He is a headcase to the Nth degree. Its a crime that he is starting ahead of Chapman.

The guys struggled through it today, I think he is a servicable pitcher.

Bailey was the least or their problems today..... 2 hits, Harris leading off. Not gonna win a whole lot of games scoring 1 run.

Pimpin...literally!!! dubc47834's Avatar

WTF....he throws 6 inning allows 3 runs and you guys are *****ing, some never fail to amaze me!!!!!

26 years old....never more than 9 wins and is rarely efficient with his pitches.

He was OK yesterday. He is starting over Chapman.

Pimpin...literally!!! dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    26 years old....never more than 9 wins and is rarely efficient with his pitches.

He was OK yesterday. He is starting over Chapman.
    He had a quality start yesterday and you're complaining......hilarious!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    He had a quality start yesterday and you're complaining......hilarious!!!!
    Oh....the quality start

Still never complained about his performance yesterday. 6 innings, 110 pitches 4.50 Era in Washington's park....he got it done!

I would he agree that he was serviceable yesterday. He was just going to far into at bats (3-2 counts).

The Reds pitching has been middle of the road thus far. Not great, but good enough to win more than 3 ball games.

It's being exaserbated by the fact that they couldn't hit the ground if they fell out of a tree.

The hitting is the problem right now. Not so much the pitching.

He didn't do all that bad all things considered. Defense bailed his ass out yesterday though. Looked like a solid bottom of the rotation starter to me. Some time with a real pitching coach could turn him into a beast, but we all know that isn't going to happen.

Turn Off Ads?