Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why do they suck on offense so much?

Quote Originally Posted by EMAW View Post
    Maybe 9 games is not a complete sample?
    This board is out of control ridiculous
    How about waiting until the season is at least 25% complete to make knee jerk reactions?
    Nah that would be logical, I think firing the manager and coaching staff after every loss would set a very intense tone.
    Ok wait 25% of the season to make changes. So basically your saying wait until we are 13 games below .500 before making changes? 25% of the season is 41 games. At the current rate we are playing we would be 14 and 27. Seems to me we would be about 20 games out of first at that point. Sure would be a big climb up the standings!!!

Your crazy, manage to win every game! Make changes quickly and as needed. Did we make a big come back last year after the allstar break? No, why we never made any changes.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Why do they suck on offense so much?

Thanks for the replies. Nice to see I can vent on here without having a bunch smart-a$$ know-it-alls attack (the reds mlb board is horrible, which is why I'm glad I found redszone).

I know it's still very early in the season, and hopefully they are just going through their slump early on, but the way these guys look at the plate reminds me of what a team in September looks like when they are playing on fumes and are completely exhausted.

It's only April, the Reds should have a lot more focus than they seem to at the plate.

And yeah I am really getting tired of Stubbs act. He is fast, a great fielder, a good base stealer (who doesn't try to steal nearly enough), but a lousy hitter. It'd be one thing if he was making up for his weak average with walks and SB's, but man, will he ever learn to lay off those breaking balls away?

I mean it's almost predictable when you see him whiff and miss. So counter-productive as well.

They just need to start winning some frickin games and I will be happier.

Quote Originally Posted by EMAW View Post
    Maybe 9 games is not a complete sample?
    This board is out of control ridiculous
    How about waiting until the season is at least 25% complete to make knee jerk reactions?
    Nah that would be logical, I think firing the manager and coaching staff after every loss would set a very intense tone.
    I've said this for about 3 years now. I never said anything about this year. This is how Dusty and Jacoby work. Were you satisfied with the team last year? Do you see improvements?

Turn Off Ads?