Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Stubbs, have a seat

Re: Stubbs, have a seat

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Uh....Votto is great and Bruce is good to very good but Morneau has an MVP and Mauer has won multiple batting titles....when healthy they are quite the duo.
    Neither is as good a hitter as Votto though. There's a reason he's the most walked man in baseball.
    Last edited by Jamz; 04-22-2012 at 10:33 PM.
    I see great things in baseball. It's our game.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jamz View Post
    Neither is as good a hitter as Votto though. There's a reason he's the most walked man in baseball.
    The reason is they pitch around him to take their chances with the next guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    The reason is they pitch around him to take their chances with the next guy.
    Is that because Votto is a very dangerous hitter?

n
    Last edited by Jones1; 04-23-2012 at 09:43 AM.

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

Is that because Votto is a very dangerous hitter?
    Has a lot to do with it, but it also has a lot to do with who hits behind him. I think Miguel Cabrera is as dangerous or more so of a hitter than Votto, but with Prince behind him, he won't walk as much.

Quote Originally Posted by bigredmechanism View Post
    Has a lot to do with it, but it also has a lot to do with who hits behind him. I think Miguel Cabrera is as dangerous or more so of a hitter than Votto, but with Prince behind him, he won't walk as much.
    This is true, but there are very few hitters in baseball that are really as good as Votto. Cabrera is one of them.

Loving this upward trend that Stubbs has been enjoying lately. This team is starting to click and that's bad news for the rest of the league.

If Stubbs can put everything together he will be a perfect 2 hole hitter, and having BP behind Votto as opposed to Rolen is helping a lot.

However, as Stubbs' biggest supporter I'm loving this!

Yeah, but he struck out once last night.

He's definitely been working to change some stuff which I know was a question from reds fans. He has a shorter swing, he's been a better hunter, and he's hitting a lot of ground balls. At the start of the year most were at someone, but its still a good approach for him. He will still have his ks but I like his changes so far.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

Loving this upward trend that Stubbs has been enjoying lately. This team is starting to click and that's bad news for the rest of the league.

If Stubbs can put everything together he will be a perfect 2 hole hitter, and having BP behind Votto as opposed to Rolen is helping a lot.

However, as Stubbs' biggest supporter I'm loving this!
    If it takes Votto protecting Stubbs for us to win games, I would keep Drew in the 2 hole until it doesn't work. He looks much more confident out there than last week, and he has been hitting it hard.

Quote Originally Posted by bigredmechanism View Post
    If it takes Votto protecting Stubbs for us to win games, I would keep Drew in the 2 hole until it doesn't work. He looks much more confident out there than last week, and he has been hitting it hard.
    Yes sir. When Stubbs can get on base consistently he usually finds a way to the home plate and that means good things for us. On top of this it allows BP, who is our second best hitter, to bat behind Votto and make it harder to just pitch around him. Now BP has been out for a couple games so we haven't seen the fruits of this year -- but I think that this could be a staple of our line-up for years to come:

1 - ???? (Billy Hamilton?)
    2 - Drew Stubbs
    3 - Joey Votto
    4 - Brandon Phillips
    5 - Jay Bruce

Very dangerous when they are on.

I think part of Bruce's struggles is that there's no one behind him. I'd much rather have Ludwick or Mes behind Bruce than Rolen.

Stubbs is killing it in the two hole...hitting in front of Votto might be what cures him...then again I think Stephen Hawking could hit .275 in front of Joey at this point.

Yeah, and just to drive the point home I've made a topic about his expoits in the 2 hole.

Turn Off Ads?