Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds @ Nats 4/15/12

Re: Reds @ Nats 4/15/12

Time for the bullpen now.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by wvreds View Post
    All I know is, if Leake can get through 7, the only pitcher(s) I want to see is Chapman and/or Marshall in the 8th and 9th
    keep dreaming

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon7 View Post
    Time for the bullpen now.
    I think they are all dead.

Rolen should just retire now, like Griffey did in Seattle 2 seasons ago.....

Quote Originally Posted by LeDoux View Post
    Here is my original post:

"I am suprised they did not walk DeRosa to setup the DP there"

You are taking offense to this?
    I'm upset about the line of thinking. The failure to regognize the righty / lefty percentages is why we only had 3 left handed batters on this team last year (including Lewis), why we only have 3 this year (including Harris), and why we picked up Ludwick instead of Damon or Ibanez.

Right handed pitchers do better against right handed hitters. Left handed batters do better against right handed pitchers. Its not rocket science. Yet neither the Reds, nor many of their fans grasp this basic and simple concept.

Time to pinch hit Willie Harris and watch him flail away at two balls out of the strike zone before either K'ing or weakly turning over on a ball to 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by wabashfalcon View Post
    Time to pinch hit Willie Harris and watch him flail away at two balls out of the strike zone before either K'ing or weakly turning over on a ball to 2nd.

I think we should bring in Creamy Alfredo

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    And for the record I think Stubbs woulda easily caught that ball Heisey misplayed.

It wouldn't have been easy but I think he would have caught it.

Completely unrelated but, having watched all the commercials in between innings today, I am prepared to declare that the brunette is the hottest Fox Sports Ohio girl.

I'm okay with the single, I don't know about him pitching in the 7th.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    I'm upset about the line of thinking. The failure to regognize the righty / lefty percentages is why we only had 3 left handed batters on this team last year (including Lewis), why we only have 3 this year (including Harris), and why we picked up Ludwick instead of Damon or Ibanez.

Right handed pitchers do better against right handed hitters. Left handed batters do better against right handed pitchers. Its not rocket science. Yet neither the Reds, nor many of their fans grasp this basic and simple concept.
    I get the concept. I just don't see the logic that you said according to baseball 101 you NEVER walk a guy in that situation. Then acting like your smarter than the next because you have watched more games!!!!!

I think Baker should have pinch hit for Leake. What, he got a hit. I take it back- great move Dusty.

Uh oh.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post

I doubt I will change my "line of thinking" anytime soon and I consider my comment innocuous. If fact, I even acknowledged there are both sides to the question. As far as your simple concept- I think it ignores who those left and right handers are. But if you want to view comment this as outrageous- okay by me.

He hurt or did he just win a daytime Emmy?

Turn Off Ads?