Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: 4-15-12 at DC

Stat geek...and proud
    Gameday called that pitch to Zimmerman a slider, but that almost looked like a change.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 4-15-12 at DC

Strikeout number two.

Quote Originally Posted by cbowen2112 View Post
    I think the big time bad calls came on the Zimerman ab, early where he drew a walk. Ump missed strike 3 two times. Overall, this series has been filled with bad eyes by each ump behind the dish.
    Do they even grade umps based on that? Beacuse if so....umps like this guy and Angel Hernandez and CB would not still be around

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty_Boy View Post
    If Homer pitched today and blew a 5 run lead this board would gave had a meltdown and 4 new threads would have started.
    Homer would have put the Reds down by 4 by the 2nd inning.

Posting from Southwest VA redsfaninbsg's Avatar

So Dusty double switches so Chapman can go multiple innings but he's not brought into the game with the Reds up in the seventh.........
    This is the ol Left Hander rounding third and heading for home.

Werth is up, tough hitter, Chapman allows a single.

Why throw anything but a fastball there? Werth wasn't catching up to it.

Chapman is dealing the heat but Werth seemed comfortable in the kitchen.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Fly out to right, inning over, ninth inning, tied.

I would almost guarantee a bunt attempt by Stubbs leading off the next inning.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    That is true. I thought of that as well.

But Leake is a less experienced pitcher who has been better overall. So he gets some slack.
    Leake is his 3rd season... I get what you're saying though. It really comes down to Reds fans not liking Homer. There's a double standard, just like Dunn and others that fans tend to ride. If Leake had been handled like Homer and touted as a "savior" then he would be getting the same treatment. I wasn't trying to call out what you said, I'm just amazed at the perception and the attitude people have towards certain players.

Quote Originally Posted by durl View Post
    Homer would have put the Reds down by 4 by the 2nd inning.
    Like he did yesterday?

Now they look like world-class fielders. Doomed I say
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake View Post
    Still better than dealing with Big Dog on JJ haha.
    Between him and St Henry I had many many headaches! Those fellas really made me sick of talking baseball there and led me to be an almost full time Redszoner! Lol

I love baseball, but I'd rather the Reds end this one in regulation rather than treat us to more free baseball. That Desmond kid plays really good glove BTW. The Nat's aren't your father's Nats anymore...they've looked pretty solid.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Turn Off Ads?