Turn Off Ads?
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: 4-15-12 at DC

Re: 4-15-12 at DC

Quote Originally Posted by cbowen2112 View Post
    Walt off...I see what you did there.
    I thought no one would notice
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

2. Turn Off Ads?

Rolen hasn't hit since the first half of 2010. Do you guys really have faith that he'll ever have an OPS over .750 again? He can still pick it but the dude can't stick any more.

Rolen hitting .097 on the year. We might be better off with Janish playing third. He was International League player of the week.... currently hitting .364/.400/.667 for an OPS of 1.067 with 2 HRs....
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Rodriguez in to pitch

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    do think that probably Ludwick should hit fourth or fifth with Votto and Bruce in the middle, and Scott should hit sixth.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty_Boy View Post
    Rolen hasn't hit since the first half of 2010. Do you guys really have faith that he'll ever have an OPS over .750 again? He can still pick it but the dude can't stick any more.
    On this team, .750 would be good enough to play every day.

I have faith he can hit at that level eventually this year.

Still don't think he should be cleanup right now.

Bruce up. We talk about him like a star, but he's not done anything this series.

So far.

Cozart may have not done the job in one AB during this game, but let's not confuse that with a guy holding down the 4 hole who has like 7-8 HRs since the first half of 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty_Boy View Post
    Cozart may have not done the job in one AB during this game, but let's not confuse that with a guy holding down the 4 hole who has like 7-8 HRs since the first half of 2010.
    I was obviously just talking about who has failed in this game. The answer is not just Rolen, but also Cozart who had two key at bats (not one) and failed to get the run home.

This, of course, becomes the subject of umpteen posts as if I'm equating Cozart's season with Rolen's, as if I'm saying Rolen should hit cleanup, and who knows how many extraneous points.

Cozart hits a fly ball earlier in the game, Reds win. Cozart gets a hit with Valdez at second in the ninth, Reds win. That's all I said.

Two outs.
    Last edited by Kc61; 04-15-2012 at 04:40 PM.

Is it just me or can the Reds not recognize pitches?
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

On this team, .750 would be good enough to play every day.

I have faith he can hit at that level eventually this year.

Still don't think he should be cleanup right now.
    I don't think he even sniffs that number again. Lots of wear and tear, and that bat looks slower.

The old Rolen doesn't K on the check swing because he doesn't have to cheat to catch up to the heater.

When you have to put Harris up to bat...and yet he walks.
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

I was obviously just talking about who has failed in this game. The answer is not just Rolen, but also Cozart who had two key at bats (not one) and failed to get the run home.

This, of course, becomes the subject of umpteen posts as if I'm equatint Cozart's season with Rolen's, as if I'm saying Rolen should hit cleanup, and who knows how many extraneous points.

Cozart hits a fly ball earlier in the game, Reds win. Cozart gets a hit with Valdez at second in the ninth, Reds win. That's all I said.

Two outs.

I notice that happens in a lot of forums/blogs when it comes to sports in general. You call out a play or a certain game and they throw back at you how you cannot blame this or that guy beacuse of what they have done before.
    Still does not excuse NOT getting a runner in from third with less than 2. It does not excuse anyone....but it happens and it happens on badly struggling teams.

John Fay is the king of the one liners like this on his tweets. You ask him how much longer they can go with Stubbs playing every day and he will say.... went 1 for 3 yesterday.

Time for the walk off? Let's hope not.
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

So who pitches next Arredondo?

Turn Off Ads?