Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sun April 15th Updates

Re: Sun April 15th Updates

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    It was bound to happen for Phipps. That kind of luck wasn't going to last.

I agree about coming back to earth, but .143 isn't what I expected. Perez is even worse. Bad deal for the players as well as the organization.

2. Turn Off Ads?

However this was totally expected for Perez. He topped out in High A ball.

OPS High A - .859
    AA - .660 (estimate averging 2 seasons)
    AAA - .485

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by muddie View Post
    I agree about coming back to earth, but .143 isn't what I expected. Perez is even worse. Bad deal for the players as well as the organization.
    Needs to cut down on the strikeouts. Over 30% in AAA this season. Should improve, but doubt he hits better than .250-.260.

Through two, the Wahoos have no hits and five walks. It's 0-0 with Villarreal pitching for Pensacola.

Bakersfield is playing two, so the games are only seven innings. The Blaze lost the opener 2-1. Cingrani fanned 6 in his four innings. Hamilton had a hit and swiped numbers 8 and 9. He was also caught once, for the second straight day.

OF depth in this organization is sorry. Calling it mediocre would be paying it a huge compliment.

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    OF depth in this organization is sorry. Calling it mediocre would be paying it a huge compliment.
    I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we see Hamilton make the transition to center field soon. Stubbs isn't looking like a long-term option for Cincinnati as he nears his arbitration years, while Cozart and Phillips seem to have their roles locked up for the next few years. 3 errors in 8 games already this season doesn't bode well for Hamilton staying in the infield either.

Quote Originally Posted by The DARK View Post
    I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we see Hamilton make the transition to center field soon. Stubbs isn't looking like a long-term option for Cincinnati as he nears his arbitration years, while Cozart and Phillips seem to have their roles locked up for the next few years. 3 errors in 8 games already this season doesn't bode well for Hamilton staying in the infield either.
    Errors in the minor leagues don't tell us anything about someones future at a middle infield position. Between the fields, the learning and the first baseman.... errors are incredibly iffy to project moving forward.

Pensacola wins 2-1 on bases loaded walk to Guzman. Win to Joseph. Nice performance by Villareal. Blue Wahoos infielders continue to hit well.

In Bakersfield's second game, Hamilton is now 2-2 with a walk and a triple, which I presume was not of the infield variety but you never know. It's tied 1-1 after six. Lotzkar had a solid 4-inning start.

My goodness, Hamilton just hit his second triple of the game. He's 3-3 and now batting .382. Lohman's up with two outs in the top of the seventh of a 7-inning regulation game.

He should just steal home and get it over with.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    He should just steal home and get it over with.
    Well, Lohman did steal second after a walk, so my guess is they had some kind of double-steal called but San Jose was looking for it. Stephen Hunt struck out to end the threat.

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Bakersfield tied 1-1 in the bottom of the 7th. Hamilton is 3 for 3 with 2 triples.

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Lutz walks to start the Blaze 8th. Still 1-1 in San Jose.

BTW, in Hamilton's other PA, he walked, so he is 3 for 3 with two triples and a walk. The only unfortunate part of his line is that he was caught stealing this game.

Turn Off Ads?