Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scott Rolen

Scott Rolen

So the Nats have figured out you walk Votto, strike out Rolen.

In all seriousness, at this stage of his career, when does Rolen say, "My bat is hurting the team more than my glove is helping it, I'm gonna hang it up"?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Scott Rolen

I mentioned it in the game thread....why don't you just put Bruce at 4? Is it really that bad to have two lefties back to back? When you're facing a closer, they aren't gonna change..and Votto/Bruce are good enough to hit Righty and Lefty pitchers

I'd swap Ludwick and Rolen. Ryan will hit. I think he's still nervous about doing well as a Red, since he's always wanted to play here. Hitting 6th will help take some of the pressure off Rolen.

And I'd platoon Heisey and Stubbs. Stubbs in not an everyday player until he gets his head out of you know where.

Yeah I'm hoping today was a sign of things to come for Ludwick, maybe he's just getting comfortable here. It'd be nice if he can hit a decent 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Atl View Post
    I'd swap Ludwick and Rolen. Ryan will hit. I think he's still nervous about doing well as a Red, since he's always wanted to play here. Hitting 6th will help take some of the pressure off Rolen.

And I'd platoon Heisey and Stubbs. Stubbs in not an everyday player until he gets his head out of you know where.
    He has? Didn't know that...

edit: oh nm, I thought u meant Ludwick.

Rolen has been toast since July of 2010. I see no reason to think he will get much better. Pathetic number four hitter.

I transcend race, hombre LaFlamaBlanca's Avatar

.358 OPS so far this year. He'll pick up somewhat, but I don't want him hitting (not walking, thanks Dusty) through this slump in the cleanup spot. Goes a long way towards neutralizing our by far most potent threat, Votto.

Rolen is an awful number 4 hitter. I'd have Ludwick/Bruce hit 4 and put Rolen at 6.

It has been clearly stated numerous times by many members of this forum that rolen is stealing money, this criminal should be cut immediately, even francisco is hitting more than rolen

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    He has? Didn't know that...

edit: oh nm, I thought u meant Ludwick.
    I did mean Ludwick. His grandparents live close enough that they always rooted for the Reds and Ryan loved the team growing up.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redssince75 View Post

In all seriousness, at this stage of his career, when does Rolen say, "My bat is hurting the team more than my glove is helping it, I'm gonna hang it up"?
    He won't.

People (even announcers) still rave about Rolen as if he invented the game.

"Best baserunner I ever saw", ad nauseum....

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showt...len+malcontent

Fears realized...
    Last edited by malcontent; 04-15-2012 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by redssince75 View Post

No player ever feels they are done plus he has 8.16 Million other reasons to play this season

Quote Originally Posted by mikemo14 View Post
    Rolen has been toast since July of 2010. I see no reason to think he will get much better. Pathetic number four hitter.
    8 HR since June 28th 2010

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    8 HR since June 28th 2010
    Toast. Like mikemo14 said.
    Last edited by malcontent; 04-16-2012 at 01:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by read favorite View Post
    It has been clearly stated numerous times by many members of this forum that rolen is stealing money, this criminal should be cut immediately, even francisco is hitting more than rolen
    Very funny post...I visualize Rolen stepping to the plate with a mask on.

Turn Off Ads?