Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Frazier up????

Frazier up????

Per Mark Sheldon:

It looks like the Reds have called up infielder Todd Frazier from Triple-A Louisville for the game tonight vs. the Cardinals.I know this because Frazier is on my flight from Cincinnati to St. Louis.A corresponding move has not been announced … but Miguel Cairo hurt his hamstring in Saturday’s game. We will soon know for sure.
    Hope he brings a hot bat with him.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Frazier up????

I have a bad feeling it might be Phillips to the DL. Hopefully it is Cario.
    Sto Pro Veritate

Quote Originally Posted by Girevik View Post
    I have a bad feeling it might be Phillips to the DL. Hopefully it is Cario.
    Hmmm, I never even thought of that. Could be, let's hope not.

I think it will be Cairo if its a DL move, which I assume is the case.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Per Mark Sheldon:

Hope he brings a hot bat with him.
    Hot bat....I doubt it. I definately think he shoulda been on the team coming into the season, but looking at his AAA stats they are horrible. Hoperfully a change in scenery helps him out.

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Hot bat....I doubt it. I definately think he shoulda been on the team coming into the season, but looking at his AAA stats they are horrible. Hoperfully a change in scenery helps him out.
    Well, hot bat, is relative. Have you seen the numbers a lot of the Reds' hitters are putting up? Ten of the thirteen position players on this team are hitting .205 or lower. This team is living under the Mendoza line. Willie Harris is living under the interstate. If Frazier hits .225 he instantly becomes a key member of this team's offense (if you can call it that) to date.

He can bring a hot bat all he wants, but I would be shocked if Dusty gives him more than a courtesy start a week, especially if it's Cairo to the DL.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Well, hot bat, is relative. Have you seen the numbers a lot of the Reds' hitters are putting up? Ten of the thirteen position players on this team are hitting .205 or lower. This team is living under the Mendoza line. Willie Harris is living under the interstate. If Frazier hits .225 he instantly becomes a key member of this team's offense (if you can call it that) to date.
    Yeah I know, the whole offense is struggling right now. Was just thinking some are getting their hopes up if they think he is the answer. I haven't jumped off the "The season is over in April" Bridge that is being built by some on here.

Lets say Frazier is up for 15 games...what is the over/under in the number of games he will start at 3rd. I am going with 3

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    Lets say Frazier is up for 15 games...what is the over/under in the number of games he will start at 3rd. I am going with 3
    All day game after night games....thats it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    I check the Bats stats as well, but it looks like he may have gotten over being sent down. Per the Enquirer:

"Frazier’s heated up at the plate recently. He went to 2-for-3 last night for Louisville to extend his hitting streak to five games. He’s hitting .333 with a home run and four RBI in those five games. He’s hitting .231 overall."

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Atl View Post
    I check the Bats stats as well, but it looks like he may have gotten over being sent down. Per the Enquirer:

"Frazier’s heated up at the plate recently. He went to 2-for-3 last night for Louisville to extend his hitting streak to five games. He’s hitting .333 with a home run and four RBI in those five games. He’s hitting .231 overall."
    Hey, I hope he comes to the big team hitting like that. Light a fire under some of the veterans.

Turn Off Ads?