Turn Off Ads?
Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 36424344454647 LastLast

Thread: 4-17 Reds @StL

Re: 4-17 Reds @StL

I wish Welsh had that idiot bow tie on Tuesday up his bottom. So annoying.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    No Chapman. No Marshall. No win.
    1 run.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    1 run.
    Exactly. I don't get all this Dusty/bullpen bashing. I'm no fan of Dusty, but we have much bigger problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Reds making everyone look like Cy Young.
    Who's turn is it tomorrow?

Pitchers are tripping over themselves to face this Reds lineup. First one to give up a hit to Scott Rolen or Drew Stubbs has to buy the rest of the staff a round of beers ...

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    1 run.
    Sure, that is a huge problem. But Chapman and Marshall probably give the bats to Cozart and Votto.

You guys certainly deserved to win this one tonight. I'm beyond PO'd about the lack of situational hitting and shades of the Cards 2011 defense in tonight's game. Holliday has either been unlucky this season or lost at the plate, depending on who is pitching. I don't know if they can continue to run him out there in the 3 hole if he continues to struggle like this. I'm happy for the win but alarmed by some of the trends I'm seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Sure, that is a huge problem. But Chapman and Marshall probably give the bats to Cozart and Votto.
    1 unearned run
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc View Post
    Exactly. I don't get all this Dusty/bullpen bashing. I'm no fan of Dusty, but we have much bigger problems.
    Cardinals brought in their closer in a tie game. What is Dusty saving Marshall for? What is he saving Chapman for? I do not understand how you bring in your long guy and let him pitch to 1 batter and then bring in Bray. A rookie manager just showed up a very veteran one. Offense is the problem but Dusty has done a horrible job this year with the bullpen.
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

If the Reds can win one game in this series, I'll be beyond floored. Everything - absolutely EVERYTHING - is going the Cards way. It's just ridiculous. I know their luck will come crashing down, but I fear that we'll be too far back to take advantage of it.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    You guys certainly deserved to win this one tonight. I'm beyond PO'd about the lack of situational hitting and shades of the Cards 2011 defense in tonight's game. Holliday has either been unlucky this season or lost at the plate, depending on who is pitching. I don't know if they can continue to run him out there in the 3 hole if he continues to struggle like this. I'm happy for the win but alarmed by some of the trends I'm seeing.
    Dude, please.

The Reds might not be the beneficiaries, but it will be beyond enjoyable to watch your team's good fortune run out and your old geezers crumble.

My Nashville Predators have scored 11 goals in the first 4 games of the playoff series. The Reds have scored 11 runs over the last 4 games, but 8 of those were from 1 game. The NHL isn't supposed to score more than the MLB over the same span.

Quote Originally Posted by paulrichjr View Post
    Cardinals brought in their closer in a tie game. What is Dusty saving Marshall for? What is he saving Chapman for? I do not understand how you bring in your long guy and let him pitch to 1 batter and then bring in Bray. A rookie manager just showed up a very veteran one. Offense is the problem but Dusty has done a horrible job this year with the bullpen.
    I never understood why managers do this. You guys have two awesome guys in the pen and they don't get used. One thing I think TLR was ahead of the game compared to a lot of managers is that he would bring in his closer if the game is on the line, regardless of the situation. I'm glad Matheny has adopted this same philosophy. I'm shocked that more managers do not use "closers" in situational circumstances more than they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan View Post
    Who's turn is it tomorrow?

Pitchers are tripping over themselves to face this Reds lineup. First one to give up a hit to Scott Rolen or Drew Stubbs has to buy the rest of the staff a round of beers ...
    Ha! The same could be said for anyone in the lineup which has only Cozart and Votto hitting above .240. Bruce at .186? Phillips at .200? Hanigan at .200? No one, but no one gets any kudos but Cozart and marginally Votto. Singling out players ignores the struggle of the whole team.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by durl View Post
    My Nashville Predators have scored 11 goals in the first 4 games of the playoff series. The Reds have scored 11 runs over the last 4 games, but 8 of those were from 1 game. The NHL isn't supposed to score more than the MLB over the same span.
    Great game tonight. So glad to see the Red Wings choke, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by durl View Post
    I doubt the Reds could outscore the USA Olymplic soccer team right now if the Yanks were playing Brazil.

Turn Off Ads?