Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Reds/Cardinals "rivalry" now featuring 33% more respect

Reds/Cardinals "rivalry" now featuring 33% more respect

"Everybody wants to hear hatred or dislike," Votto said. "I like competing against them because they always go after you. They don't take plays off. It's tough to do in this sport and it's something I respect."

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...s_mlb&c_id=mlb
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds/Cardinals "rivalry" now featuring 33% more respect

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    "Everybody wants to hear hatred or dislike," Votto said. "I like competing against them because they always go after you. They don't take plays off. It's tough to do in this sport and it's something I respect."

Votto became my favorite non-Cardinal

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post

Translation: "No more getting pitched around."
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

Dat dude Bp missed the memo
    http://twitter.com/#!/datdudebp
    Brandon Phillips ‏ @DatDudeBP
    It's A Beautiful Day In The #Slum.. Today we play the @Cardinals for a 3game series! Wonder if #BooPhillips will show up this series #DoWork

I love the sentiment of both quoted players for different reasons. I probably feel more like BP but I definitely share Votto's respect for the Cardinals.

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    I love the sentiment of both quoted players for different reasons. I probably feel more like BP but I definitely share Votto's respect for the Cardinals.
    Agree completely. Votto plays the respect card, which is expected. Phillips plays the villain. Those are their roles. The team doesn't need both to be uber respectful or villains.

I think people who like fancy coffee are more likely to agree with Votto, while those who like Folgers are more likely to agree with Phillips.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I think people who like fancy coffee are more likely to agree with Votto, while those who like Folgers are more likely to agree with Phillips.
    You are right. I drink Folgers every day, but like a fancy coffee every once in a while! If you are referencing something else, I have no idea.

Turn Off Ads?