Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Hard to Watch

Hard to Watch

Man this team is really hard to watch right now!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Hard to Watch

Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBrick View Post
    Man this team is really hard to watch right now!
    X2, this offense is like watching paint dry, they're not fundamentally sound. It's just completely frustrating to watch.

EMAW

If indeed the team is not fundamentally sound, the minor league people need to be held responsible?

im kinda happy i live in NE Ohio so i don't have even the opportunity to view this team if i wanted to

Quote Originally Posted by EMAW View Post
    If indeed the team is not fundamentally sound, the minor league people need to be held responsible?
    You can't be serious? A lot of these guys killed in the minors and once they get up here they stop hitting.

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    You can't be serious? A lot of these guys killed in the minors and once they get up here they stop hitting.
    You can add in that a lot of these players came up in a different minor league organization.

As far as fundamentals go; that buck stops with the manager and the coaching staff.
    What do people think Spring Training is for?
    Zero chance the Reds miss the playoffs!

Man did I over rate this team in the pre season. I think we have 2 players batting over 200. I wonder if thats a reds record at this point in the season. I know thats going to get much better, but sometimes you can just tell a team don't have it by watching. I've been watching.

Its been bad, but I did not realize its been this bad

By OPS

• 2008 Corey Patterson .582
    • 2012 Reds entire team .575
    • 2009 Willy Tavares .559

I have a friend who's a Cards fan, he said something which I think is shared by many when he said, "I'm not going to worry about the Reds as long as their current manager's in place".

As I see it, the manager sets the expectation level, demands a certain amount of urgency which I don't see in the play of this team. Granted, I don't know what's being said behind closed doors, but if it is being said behind closed doors it's losing it's effect on the way to the field.

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by krm1580 View Post
    Its been bad, but I did not realize its been this bad

By OPS

• 2008 Corey Patterson .582
    • 2012 Reds entire team .575
    • 2009 Willy Tavares .559
    Paul Janish's career OPS is .591. That converts into 2.9 runs per game. The Reds's team OPS is .575, or basically a team full of Paul Janishes. They have scored 32 runs in 11 games. That works out to 2.9 runs per game. Some sabremetrician nailed that formula.
    Zero chance the Reds miss the playoffs!

Turn Off Ads?